Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3.75" Backspacing

I am looking for some pics of a 12" wheel with a 3.75" backspacing. I just ordered my 18x12 Bunik x-series M5s for my 68 Camaro with a 3.75" backspacing and I am hoping that they wont look too "deep dish". Sorry I am just a guy that likes to stress and worry. I am not worried about the front I have a stock subframe and the fronts are 18x8 with 4.75" backspacing. Someone please help and reassure me with pics.

3.75 with a 12 wheel is gonna have some killer lips they will look sick did you go with 18s also or bigger. and with 3.75 and 12 wheels you must have a very skinny rear end ? but dont worry the lips will look sick
      AJ
      1970 camaro rs, z28:pro-touring?... i wish
      93 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by skatinjay27
      3.75 with a 12 wheel is gonna have some killer lips they will look sick did you go with 18s also or bigger. and with 3.75 and 12 wheels you must have a very skinny rear end ? but dont worry the lips will look sick
      I am waiting to get the wheels in so I can get some measurements to narrow the 9". I went with 18" all the way around. Thanks for the vocal reassurance.

Also, am I going to have problems with any of the brake components rubbing, it will most like be a wilwood setup.

i doubt it but youll have to see when you have the wheels and brakes together.
      AJ
      1970 camaro rs, z28:pro-touring?... i wish
      93 trans am

Country Flag: United States
      Have you decided on tire size yet?

245/40/18 (F) and 335/30/18 (R)

they are going to look like Pro Street tires. How wide are you making you rear?

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms
      they are going to look like Pro Street tires. How wide are you making you rear?
      I wont know exactly until I get my wheels and tires to mock everything up.

18x12 w/3.75" backspace is minimum backspace. giving you the maximum amount of wheel lip. if you are not wanting a "deep dish", i would call and change your backspace.

Did you let us know if your brake package in advance? If are getting a wilwood set up, i think most of the of 4 piston kits will work just fine, if you are going to go with like a 6 piston kit, we would of had to provision for that in advance.

Is this an ex pro-street car?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkM66
      Is this an ex pro-street car?
      no, it is just now finished being mini tubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Budnik Wheels
      18x12 w/3.75" backspace is minimum backspace. giving you the maximum amount of wheel lip. if you are not wanting a "deep dish", i would call and change your backspace.

Did you let us know if your brake package in advance? If are getting a wilwood set up, i think most of the of 4 piston kits will work just fine, if you are going to go with like a 6 piston kit, we would of had to provision for that in advance.
      I do want a deep dish, I was just wondering if there is a such thing as TOO much "dish". I really wanted to find some pics. I am hoping that they look something like this.

http://www.lateral-g.net/adams/lftrqtr.jpg

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder what kind of load that puts on the bearings? I think I would stay no less than half the wheel width.
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Too deep for sure. It'll look like an ex pro-street car.

This is strickly opinion: Personally on a 12" wide wheel i prefer around 5.5" of Backspace. If you were to have what is known as a 0 (zero) offset, that would be 6.5" of backspace.

Quote Originally Posted by Budnik Wheels
      This is strickly opinion: Personally on a 12" wide wheel i prefer around 5.5" of Backspace. If you were to have what is known as a 0 (zero) offset, that would be 6.5" of backspace.
      I put in my order last Fri. I am thinking about calling the place that I ordered them at Thurs. and chaning the rear BS to 5.5". Will there be any problem with Budnik changing my size, it will only be a week since I placed the order?

Dustin, Just call the place you ordered from they can change the B/S with no problem.
      Tim

Quote Originally Posted by PRRC
      Dustin, Just call the place you ordered from they can change the B/S with no problem.
      Tim
      Thanks will call tomorrow, but I bet they are closed if so I will do it Thurs. Does anybody have a pic of a 12" wheel with a 5.5" BS?

I would run a 4.5 backspacing will look good and put all the cornering force on the inside of the wheel,anything shallower doesnt look right to me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com