Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

are all 6.0s worth building? I want l92 heads and a carb!

im so set on building a 6.0 truck block with a carb intake and l92 heads.

my question is. if i cant find a specific lq9 are all the remaining 6.0s lq4s? or was there a standard 6.0

my dad has two 2500 silverados on being a 2000 and the other a 2005. the 2000 hauls so much more ass. do they both have lq4s?

and lastly. what would you pay for a 6.0 pull out. ive priced them as low as $950 according to a local yard using car-part.com. not sure what i get with it ill have to check.

...also how many teeth are on the standard 6.0 reluctor wheel? i see mds has modules for 24x and 58x wheels.

Country Flag: United States
      I think they are the LS2 and the LQ9 are not that different from specs i have seen. one has a 58X reluctor wheel and the other has a 24X the cranks are different part number but rods and pistons are the same. rockers are the same. heads have same valves but different head number. But i think they are worth the build.
      DEMONIC OBSIDIAN
      1965 Chevelle lt1 gen v /T56 project.

I would think both trucks are LQ4s.http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/ may have more. The LQ4 was the base 6.0. The 99-00 LQ4s had cast iron cylinder heads 873 casting. 01+ LQ4/LQ9 come with a 317 casting head which the port design very much like a 243 casting but with larger chambers. The LS6 and LS2 get the 243 casting.

The LQ4 has a more dished piston than a LQ9 and some sources have said the LQ9s get stronger rods. The head and blocks are the same casting between the 2 motors.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213148 covers many of the basic questions,

The LS2 is a Gen 4 motor and gets the newer reluctor wheel. I do not know if GM changed the 05+ truck 6.0s
      Lamar
      00 C5 hardtop H&C 436 rwhp with an 04 Z06 Suspension
      70 Chevelle SS396

Country Flag: United States
      There's nothing wrong with the LQ4. So if you can't find an LQ9 simply build the LQ4.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

thats the plan. how much should i pay for a core? i plan to junk the heads, rockers, lifters, intake and any other top end pieces.

im amazed at how cheap factory parts are. the entire l92 swap (heads, rockers, rocker stands, gaskets) comes in at a little over $1000.

if i found a short block for cheap i would buid it up, but im not too sure what all would be missing. dont the heads have a cooling cross over pipe and all sorts of other goodies that would nickle and dime me to death?

The l92 swap would be an awesome setup, would make awesome power!!!

2004 Pontiac GTO
      Bogarts 15x4 front 15x8.75 rear
      BMR Suspension
      Yank 4400 Converter
      Stainless Works 3" Exhaust
      Fast 90/90
      CompCams Custom Grind 228/232 on a 110lsa
      CNC'ED Texas Speed Cylinder Heads
      Custom Tune by Hoosier Performance
      Best ET to date is: 11.33 at 118mph w/ 1.52 60'
      this was before the Fast Setup!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com