Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Autocross

"up" in southern ohio doesn't quite make sense, but I guess if your speaking in relation to California and such then thats a little better.

How "south" are you? not over here in the southwestern corner are ya? If so there is a somewhat happenin SCCA scene, I've yet to compete as my brakes/suspension project isn't complete, but there are a LOT of Miatas, Minis, and Vettes, only 1 or 2 Pro-Tourers to speak of, and even then they are pretty much just restored original cars with 17" wheels.
      -6Spd EFI 1980 Camaro Z28 - Street Fighter - Amongst other GM autos. Atomic Orange Z06 is next!

any northeast guys want to meet at an event,pm me.

Went out to the local Autocross on Sunday. It was windy as hell, but a lot of fun to get the car out there and slice up some cones. Needless to say, the car got a lot of attention and I gave several rides to people. Here's some pics. Video in the next post.

got a little cone rash! :willy: No worries, it'll clay bar out

Eric
      '72 Malibu - The FULL RIDE, LS7 power, Optima juice
      '05 Volvo S60R, (my Swedish Hot-Rod)
      C-12 Huron (operated, not owned)

Eric
      '72 Malibu - The FULL RIDE, LS7 power, Optima juice
      '05 Volvo S60R, (my Swedish Hot-Rod)
      C-12 Huron (operated, not owned)

Country Flag: United States
      Got a few of my Mustang out at the San Francisco Region SCCA event. I run it in ESP.

1968 GT. Stock 302, LT, holley 600, (Need a Motor BAD!). Maier Racing Coils, Strut Tower Brace, Leafs, Pan Hard Bar, Maier-Valve Bilstein shocks. 17x9" with Hoosier A6's (Borrowed). Maier Racing Shelby Hood & Trunk Lid!

You can see the Pan hard bar here!

More of the same, course is drying out, but ehhh, I know people like Pictures.

1968 Mustang GT
      2001 Z06 Penske, LT, K&N
      2002 Silverado HD QCLB 6.0 Ltr
      2004 Cadillac CTS-V Black LS6 DD
      GIFSoup

Very cool.

Very Cool Indeed, nice car!

I love to autox but I have to drive an hour or so. And it's not in the best location. But it's a blast.

These are from this past Sunday in Gainesville, FL. Got 6 runs in. I defintly put the go slow to go fast saying to use. But it was still like driving on ice with the cheap tires I have.

Love this shot
      Andrew Petty

69: Love how your car looks man. Want to paint mine white, but everyone mad dogs it. Where did you get your front spoiler at, or did you make it? Been looking for one for my car a little bit.

I need to find a local gathering of auto-xers so I can learn how to drive. It looks like so much fun.
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Nessumsar
      69: Love how your car looks man. Want to paint mine white, but everyone mad dogs it. Where did you get your front spoiler at, or did you make it? Been looking for one for my car a little bit.

I need to find a local gathering of auto-xers so I can learn how to drive. It looks like so much fun.
      SCCA website.

There's one nearly every weekend at either Angels stadium, the duck pond or the old MCAS El Toro.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Nessumsar

Thanks. I made the front spoiler. If you want PM me your email and I can send you a few pics to give you a decent idea on how to make one.
      Andrew Petty

Some fun auto-x vids:

Excuse the lame techno/acid-jazz on this one.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

a few pics of my '68 camaro SCCA Solo II here in Hawaii

Here are few pics from my autocross adventures here in hawaii.
      Car is a 68 Camaro with DSE tubulars, Koni coilover conversion, drop springs in back with adjustable Konis, DSE power steering, Baer track 13" front 12" rear. I'm running a SBC 355 with retrofit roller cam, 1.6 roller rockers, Holley Stealth Ram, mated to a TKO 600 via aluminum flywheel. Aluminum driveshaft back to a 12 bolt with a 3.73:1 gear. I run in CP.

Here's some from last weekend in Winona, MN with my Chevelle.

Derek Kiefer,
      Mantorville, MN

Quote Originally Posted by 69Nova View Post
      Only other guy in my class!

This guy comes out to Brooksville also, the car is sick:

Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post
      The Fox-bodies Mustangs are very popular and do well in CP. Check out Maier Racing (they're located in Hayward, CA) and there's some good autocross footage on their site. I think it's www.maierracing.com but google it if this doesn't work. Mike Maier (Bill's son) is incredible and an excellent driver.

For starters, get the current Solo II rulebook as it will become your Bible for this sport. It's online and you can download the sections you need, or you can buy one for about $20 directly from SCCA. There are weight penalties for tube-frame cars and weight allowances for V6 engines. Some of those V6 engined F-bodies are fast . . . there are two that can easily dominate CP and both are here on the west coast.

Unfortunately, you'll also be looking at a tow vehicle and trailer if you get really serious with CP or even a Street Prepared car. The modifications it takes to be even remotely competitive will take the car off the street very fast.

E Street Prepared, or ESP, is one category down from Prepared and you should be able to change most of the suspension, wheels and tires, a little of the engine, add a good exhaust, and be competitive out of the box. While it's not Prepared, the level of competition is just as fierce as CP is. Out here in CA, some of the ESP cars turn the same times as CP cars do. Most are still street driven as well. Again, get the SCCA Solo II rule book to make sure what you do is legal for the class you run in.

Cheers and keep on this thread,
      Mary Pozzi
      I agree, Mary is on it.

ESP or Street Touring would cover the street driven cars. You have to be aware of the rules before you go buying stuff for you car. Just like in any from of actual competition. A lot of the stuff advertised here and that people "want" to put on thier cars are not legal in those two classes.

I think Cal Club was trying or has a Vintage class that runs under an index. That might be for ESP and Street Touring.

That's probably why most of these Pro Turing aftermarket companies don't dive-in and embrace SCCA Solo II. They huddle around these Goodguys type events that are sorta racing since they share the same course, but other than that it's just a free for all.

DMVR SCCA ESP at Marshalltown, IA Go Kart Track. 1995?

SPRING FLING XXV
      April 16 & 17, 2011
      Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA
      800+ Mopars, 300+ swap, 40+midways
      Speed Festival Track Event
      5th annual, Thursday, Willow Springs, 40+ Mopars
      Track Video

Saw this thread only just today and it opened up to this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
      Here are few pics from my autocross adventures here in hawaii.
      Car is a 68 Camaro with DSE tubulars, Koni coilover conversion, drop springs in back with adjustable Konis, DSE power steering, Baer track 13" front 12" rear. I'm running a SBC 355 with retrofit roller cam, 1.6 roller rockers, Holley Stealth Ram, mated to a TKO 600 via aluminum flywheel. Aluminum driveshaft back to a 12 bolt with a 3.73:1 gear. I run in CP.

That's a fair bit of positive camber showing there . . . looked into any fixes yet?

Norm
      '08 GT coupe, 5M, suspension unstockish (the occasional track toy)
      '19 WRX, Turbo-H4/6M (the family sedan . . . seriously)
      Gone but not forgotten dep't:
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A

My second time out. I don't quite understand the class system... In "street modified" I'm grouped with some turbo AWD Mitsubishis & Subarus. Whatever, it's still fun!!

Street Mod is sort of an engine tuner's class, as there is huge freedom as far as the powertrain is concerned (I think the block has to be by the same mfr as the chassis but you're free to do most anything with it).

But in terms of chassis modification SM is still a "street" category, being a lot more restrictive than either prepared or modified.

I'm guessing that there are things about your engine that don't fit within either Street Touring or Street Prepared, such as an aftermarket cam or other internals.

Norm
      '08 GT coupe, 5M, suspension unstockish (the occasional track toy)
      '19 WRX, Turbo-H4/6M (the family sedan . . . seriously)
      Gone but not forgotten dep't:
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com