Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

XV Open Track Event - Just for Musclecars

Well, here is the official announcement...

We've put together a real open track / driving school event exclusively for classic musclecars!!

We've rented a 1.5 mile road course and 3,300 front straight. Track was selected to be optimal for these types of cars, so you'll be able to use your Horsepower, Suspension and brakes.

This is being held on a real deal road race course - not an auto-cross.

Professional instructors will be on hand to help out whether it is your first time on a road race course, or you are a track veteran looking to sharpen your skills. Look at the flyer and you'll see this is a full driving school type event with instructors available every step of the way.

We're super excited about this and it has been many months in the making. All you need to do is sign up and come out and play - we've done all the hard work! All makes and models welcome.

For those of you who have been wondering, here's your chance to see what our cars really do, up close and personal! Maybe even get a ride in one on track....

Anyway the flyer below has all the details. We're limiting the number of entries so everyone gets plenty of track time. We're also allowing a limited number of spectators to attend. ALL must register in advance.

Whether you bring your car to play or just want to watch there should be some pretty serious hardware in attendance. Can't speak for anyone else, but we'll be ready to wring out some of our cars.

Hope you're able to come out and play with us.

Here's the details:

XV Open Track Flyer
      Driver Entry Form
      Spectator Entry Form

Last edited by dqhemi; 07-25-2007 at 03:59 AM.
      John Buscema

I am in.

Country Flag: United States
      Done. I'm in.
      Never trust a pretty girl... or a lonely midget.

Signed up!

John,
      Thanks for hosting such a great event
      /Steve

Happy to hear you guys will be running your cars - and even a Mopar as well!!

We created what many have been asking for, I figured we'd be sold out already

Come on guys, here's a chance just for musclecars to play on track for the day. If there's time and we don't think anyone's going to put their car in the wall, maybe we can sneak in some time trials as well...

Anyway, I thought more of you guys would be all over this.
      John Buscema

John Gsxrken is also in,he called your shop today and left a message. I know a few other guys who might go, I will try to get a commitment.

I have posted a few times about autocross and track days, I got the internet version of crickets chirping.

More guys will join in but there are also a lot of "show touring" cars out there.

There were a few darts at your show that should be there, and that black camaro (79 or so) has done a few hillclimbs. Those guys may step up. Lets see "the brick" get hammered...

Ok , I am going to have to bring Fuel, maybe a customers car also .

Wish I was closer......
      Andrew Petty

On the subject of distance, Detroit, MI and Columbus, OH are only 500 miles away--which is about an 8 hour drive. Charlottle, NC is 600 miles away. Florida is indeed kinda far, but for a lot of people Pocono is closer than you might think. The racetrack is in Long Pond, PA if you want to google a driving map.

The XV event is a great way to stretch your car's legs in a safe manner and, more importantly, gain or polish some valuable driving skills. And you will be hanging out with some AMAZING cars!

Quote Originally Posted by streetfytr68
      On the subject of distance, Detroit, MI and Columbus, OH are only 500 miles away--which is about an 8 hour drive. Charlottle, NC is 600 miles away. Florida is indeed kinda far,
      I used to drive my Buick 1000+miles one way just to do track events.

No, I'm not coming to this one. I don't like east coast, and I'm a BMW driver now.

Having timing device is a very good thing. Seeing my pathetic lap time at Willow Springs was the best thing that ever happened to me. Made me realize "hard driving" or "spirited driving" on street doesn't even come close to seasoned road racers' 6/10th driving.
      The first step of becoming a better driver is to attend a track event, time yourself, and realize the fact you really suck.

Signed,
      A driver who laps Big Willow at 1:42.6 in a 134hp BMW - and I am still considered mediocre.

Sent mine in today. I am looking forward to this event.
      I would recommend this to any one that ever wanted to try out a track event. A well run driving school is only as dangerous as you make it. You only go as fast a you feel safe. Their is no reason or people that will make you push your car past the point you feel comfortable.
      Just drive at your own pace and point the faster cars buy. Most people go faster than they think once the instructor gives them a few pointers. My dad was a great example of this.
      Hope to see a lot of nice cars at the event.

Randy
      Please see my PT Garage for more info on ProBell Camaro. 67 style,99 comfort, options and drive-ability with NASCAR Late Model suspension front and rear.https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vb...?do=view&g=106
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Car Domain PG
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2565383

1100 miles for me. Maybe if I don't go to SEMA I can talk the family into a fall NE vacation ...

jp
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

That is what I did. The 10th is my anniversary. So I made it a family weekend. Randy
      Please see my PT Garage for more info on ProBell Camaro. 67 style,99 comfort, options and drive-ability with NASCAR Late Model suspension front and rear.https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vb...?do=view&g=106
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Car Domain PG

Quote Originally Posted by vanzuuk1
      John Gsxrken is also in,he called your shop today and left a message. I know a few other guys who might go, I will try to get a commitment.
      'Tis true. I'm on vacation and don't want to send my cc info over this unsecured internet cafe network, so I called.

Is anyone going out early? I'd be interested in going out the night before and staying at a local hotel just to eliminate that leg of the journey for the day of. Sleeping in the car, with the Kimber cocked and locked, is also an option, but I'd prefer a mattress.

I would like to offer my shops services to ANYONE that needs ANYTHING!!

Granted we are 2 hrs away ...but if I can help we will.
      check us out at www.gforcedesignconcepts.com

I'm in ! Had problems downloading forms with my prehistoric computer and thought it would be filled up already. Called in this morning.

I can't believe only a handfull of people on this site have signed up! why? There's plenty of track worthy cars here from what I see. I'm shocked it wasn't filled up in 2 days with everyone here building cars perfectly suited for events like this. And there are very few events like this anywhere East of the Mississippi !
      XV has gone out of their way to provide us an opportunity to go out and play with our toys like kids in a sandbox and we should take advantage of this awesome opportunity.

Race gas $100.00 on Visa
      Opportunity to run your car on a world class track with some of the coolest musclecars in the East, PRICELESS! Learn from experts how to be a better driver, PRICELESS! Drive as fast as you're comfortable with without having to fear officers of the law, PRICELESS! Perhaps see your car in a magazine, PRICELESS! Perhaps see your car on TV, PRICELESS! I could go on and on.

if you go I doubt you'll ever forget the experience!

Well put. Look forward to seeing the cars in person. Randy
      Car Domain PG

Some guys have their ego linked to their car, if they go to a track event and get passed its hard to take. They try so hard to be fast right away that they tear around the track like they are getting chased by the cops and never learn anything. Or they just shy away from events like this.

The other issue is damage, you can stuff a car pretty bad at some tracks. I think the course John selected has decent runoff, so that wont be an issue. Its still safer than driving hard on the street.

The fact is you will get passed so just try and learn and be smooth, the speed will come. Seat time goes a long way.

My cars pretty low tech so I just want to have fun and learn a little, hope the smell of stock brakes melting isnt too bad.

I know everyone who goes will have a blast and a few will become addicted.

Well put Dirk. If I was closer I'd be there in my car.
      Andrew Petty

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com