Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
      Kudos to everyone from this site that signed up or agreed to go.

To everybody else, I hope all those cool "race" parts get plenty of attention at cruise nights...

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by vanzuuk1
      Kudos to everyone from this site that signed up or agreed to go.

To everybody else, I hope all those cool "race" parts get plenty of attention at cruise nights...
      My car can kick your car's ASS!

Bring it, my greek friend...

Oh, and my comment was directed at those NOT attending, which is most of the people reading this.

And steevos car is faster than mine, I will admit it.

I am thinking of signing up to do this track day with my Nova but I know it's not a real bad azz car like a lot of you guys own. I'm just a bit hesitant to go and have you guys laughing your butts off at the old guy in the Nova. LOL. It sounds like a lot of fun and I could really use the instructors advice as I have never road raced anything. Done some auto crossing in the Nova this year and have drag raced it but never anything like this. Is everyone using racing tires? Trailering their cars? I would have to drive down but it's only about a 2 1/2 hr drive. Talk me into it guys.

Dave

Dave
      I ran my first track day in my Firebird at Lime Rock Park with the orig 350 2 barrel engine still in it! I was black flagged at Moroso Motorsports park once because they saw a cloud of blue smoke come out of my car on a back straight and thought my engine went. The blue smoke was from the tire spinning out of a right hand corner due to one wheel drive! I used a 4 dr Chevy Cobalt rental car at road Atlanta one weekend! I had a great time every one of those days!

If you sign up and we have a nice day you'll have a great time. If they have good instructors they will teach you the best line around the track. This is NOT racing. You drive at your own pace and point by anyone that catches up to you. The instructors will teach you how to drive on track correctly, not like the cops are chasing you. You'll be a much better driver both on and off track because of it. By the end of the day you'll feel like Mario Andretti !

You built the car to have fun with it right? Drag racing is fun for 10-15 seconds at a time. Imagine driving over the speed limits all day long!

I will trailer my car because it's kinda far if I have a problem and I don't know anyone yet. Most of the people I've met at tracks are really nice and help each other out. As an example if someone had a prob with their car and I was going the same way home I'd just trailer their car and drive mine till we got their car home. I'm sure there'll be a bunch of trailers there but mostly to carry tools, spares ,and other junk we think we might need as well as the just in case factor.

You don't need racing slicks. A good set of street tires will be fine for your first time out. You don't need huge brakes (heck I'm still running drums out back). You should have recent pads and fresh brake fluid.

If you like to go fast you'll have a blast on a road course!

John

Quote Originally Posted by vanzuuk1
      ...And steevos car is faster than mine, I will admit it.
      Yeah, but I guarantee that you're a better driver. 'cause you're loco.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaPwr
      I am thinking of signing up to do this track day with my Nova but I know it's not a real bad azz car like a lot of you guys own. I'm just a bit hesitant to go and have you guys laughing your butts off at the old guy in the Nova. LOL. It sounds like a lot of fun and I could really use the instructors advice as I have never road raced anything. Done some auto crossing in the Nova this year and have drag raced it but never anything like this. Is everyone using racing tires? Trailering their cars? I would have to drive down but it's only about a 2 1/2 hr drive. Talk me into it guys.

Dave
      Dave,
      This is not a competition. I hope my poke at Vanzuuk doesn't scare you away. He and I are good friends, so we do that sorta thing. The event is not a competition. It is a driving school more than anything. So you will be faster at the end of the day, regardless of what you drive. Please join us.

Dave Most of the badazz cars will be home under a cover while their owners discuss bumpsteer on the internet.

Bring your car and have a blast.

Isn't bumpsteer how the cops spin those criminals around during chase scenes by pushing the rear of the bad guys car a little on the rear fender?

No that's bump & grind, I think.

I just found out about this, is there still room available, and what requirements will a convertible require? I know a roll bar is required, but what exactly are we talking about? Will a four point bolt-in roll bar like one from autopower fill the requirement when used with retractable three point seatbelts. or will it need to be welded in and four/five point harnesses be required.
      Frank

The open track/driver ed events I've been to allowed bolt ins but you should call XV Motorsports or PM dghemi and ask.

Autopower cages are legal in SCCA (if it's the correct cage for the car) so I'd imagine it would be ok. Best to check though.

Autopower has 5 different configurations for 1st Gen Camaro.

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/applicationlist.asp
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Frank , call Scott over at xv and ask him. Let me know if you are going,you can convoy down with us.

Just signed up my Fairlane to go with the red Camaro.

wish i wasnt 8 hours away

Jim, every time a nice car signs up my car goes down a notch! That fairlane is so sweet I may drive off the track staring at it.

I definitely want to spend some time watching some of the other cars run, they look so much cooler under duress.

Just did the off ramp boogie behind that Fairlane on the way back from dinner. Sucker's faster than I thought thru turns. And it was a decreasing radius turn. I expected to knock on his back door a little, but noooo.

The XV Motorsports Open Track Day is fast approaching (Thursday, October 11, 2007) and we are very much looking forward to a fun filled day!

While we have many unique musclecars already signed up we are looking to have more entries participating. So if you are looking for a way to really stretch your musclecars legs and see what it can do in a safe, controlled race track environment please sign up today for the XV Motorsports Open Track Event. We will have professional instructors present to give tips and pointers along with extensive media coverage.

So please visit the XV Motorsports website to sign up today! Here is a link to the entry form page:

http://www.xvmotorsports.com/news/news_display1.cfm?id=40

Any questions please feel free to contact us at (914) 693-1122. Ask for either Scott or Peter.

Look forward to seeing some really cool musclecars there!!
      Scott
      1967 Camaro SS/RS

Test Runs:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TuthZr_vEM

Quote Originally Posted by 67BrewserSS
      wish i wasnt 8 hours away
      What? I'm down in Hurricane WV which is about a 9 hour drive and I'm going sans trailer. Come on, you can do it!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com