Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I've seen the ego thing bring disasterous results when a Ferrari spun out trail braking into the first corner at Lime Rock in front of me while trying to avoid having to give me a point by. Did more damage than my cars worth! All I can say is drive at your own pace, I just give the faster guys a point by and a wave. Trying to go fast before learning to stay on the line and being smooth doesn't allow you learn techniques and unlearn bad habbits so you can become a better driver.

As far as damage goes, don't drive over your cars or your own limits. At open track events like this there isn't any side by side "racing" allowed. So no one is going to cut you off or push you out in the marbles in a corner. No paint swapping.

Having a thousand horsepower and 4 rotors as large as the original wheels your car came with aren't necessary either. I've talked to a lot of people who think you need all kinds of stuff to go to an event. Roll bars/cages aren't needed in cars with a roof,fire systems, racing seats,fuel cells, 5 point harnesses not needed. If your car could pass a state inspection excluding wipers/washer, horn etc., has safe seatbelts for driver and passenger and new/recent pads and brake fluid you should be good. (I got the evil eye from officials at the first event I went to when I showed up with just an original set of 30+ year old lap belts with out a shoulder harness) LOL The professional instructor (in a fire suit) looked scared and walked away but another one was psyched to ride in my car and I told him I was just there to learn the track not break speed records. Had a great day and been hooked since!

Lucky for us, this isn't an open event so racerboy with his factory built car and X-Box learned driving style won't be welcome.

Anyone else sign up yet? Would be great to meet some of the members on this site and get a variety of makes out there! It would give you 3 months before the event to get the little things done you want done before feeling it's "ready". Good incentive to finish up those upgrade projects that are in the works.

John

A little far for me in Az, but if closer I'd sure be all over it!

Quote Originally Posted by NOT A TA
      Anyone else sign up yet? Would be great to meet some of the members on this site and get a variety of makes out there! It would give you 3 months before the event to get the little things done you want done before feeling it's "ready". Good incentive to finish up those upgrade projects that are in the works. John
      I just sent in the forms for myself with the Mach 1 (and my wife as a spectator). I hope to have a great time AND with all the instructors and rules/regs about passing etc to demonstrate to my wife that in fact HPDE's are not akin to the X-games.

I am looking forward to safely exceeding the speed limit without worrying about a ticket or whether a mom is backing out of a driveway just over the top of the next hill. I'm shocked at the limited response from this site, of all sites. Although $450 is alot of coin, this is a unique opportunity (food, instructors, runoff, musclecars-only, limited headcount). We'll have the place to ourselves!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrken
      .....I'm shocked at the limited response from this site, of all sites......
      More Chicken Marsala and Strawberry Shortcake for me.

You know what, the crew thats going right now is awesome. Its like going to the movies and having the theater to yourself. More seat time for us!

A few of us are trying to see if we can mosey out as spectators. It's a matter of juggling time off at work.

As spectators, will we be able to mingle, listen & learn? And can we ante up some extra coin for lunch/whatever so we don't have to pack it or leave? I ask that part as it looks like spectator fee is $20 and driver guest is $50, so I assume there is a difference.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

GSXRKEN -Nice ! Glad to see someone else from here sign up and with another make!

Ok so now we've got some first and second gen Camaros. My Firebird a Mach One. XV has the Chrysler contingent covereed I'm sure, so how about some Buicks, Olds, Mercurys and others to round out and fill the field. We'll have some great photo ops with a number of makes represented!

John

I’ve been waiting for a confirm before we announced this, which we just got.

The producers of the American Muscle Car show have confirmed that they will be covering the XV Motorsports Open Track Event for one of their shows. If you want to get your ride on TV, here’s your chance!

Also, our friends at Wheelbase Communications will be covering the event as well. Wheelbase has syndicated automotive columns that get distributed in hundreds of newspapers around the country.

And we’re still trying to confirm one of the major mainstream automotive magazines for this as well.

Should be a great time and you and your car may get some time on TV or in print!

We've done all the hard work - all you need to do is show up and have fun! Here's your chance to really see what you and your car can do and check out other serious pro-touring machines. We have the track exclusively for the day it's all ours to play with.

Hope you can make our event.
      John Buscema

I'm a little late to this thread, but are there any spaces still available?
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino
      I'm a little late to this thread, but are there any spaces still available?
      Yes definitely
      John Buscema

Quote Originally Posted by dqhemi
      Yes definitely
      Cool! Should I call you to get on the list?
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Kool.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino
      Cool! Should I call you to get on the list?
      Look at the first post in this thread.
      It has links to the forms and details which can be emailed or faxed.
      John Buscema

Herb Can't weight to see the Yelcamino on the track. I am also a big El fan. Did you ever see the 70 EL that posted some videos of him turning laps? His El looked to be quite fast.
      This should be a grate event. Randy
      Please see my PT Garage for more info on ProBell Camaro. 67 style,99 comfort, options and drive-ability with NASCAR Late Model suspension front and rear.https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vb...?do=view&g=106
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Car Domain PG
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2565383

Quote Originally Posted by dqhemi
      Look at the first post in this thread.
      It has links to the forms and details which can be emailed or faxed.
      I just saw that!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBell
      Herb Can't weight to see the Yelcamino on the track. I am also a big El fan. Did you ever see the 70 EL that posted some videos of him turning laps? His El looked to be quite fast.
      This should be a grate event. Randy
      Yeah I've seen the videos. I've even driven the car - he's a friend of mine! It was quite fast but it's gone now. He sold it about a month or two ago and bought a Viper.

I'm looking forward to getting my El on the track too!

Your ElCo is the cleanest I've ever seen. Can't wait to share a track with it again.

Quote Originally Posted by streetfytr68
      Your ElCo is the cleanest I've ever seen. Can't wait to share a track with it again.
      Thanks! I take it you're going? Cool! I want to see your Camaro hang'n some turns!

Based on the people that have shown interest in this event, I think it's going to be a blast! Too bad it's just for one day.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com