Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Unknown LSx swap combos

Well, with all the views and only a few replies for the known LSx swap thread, I am guessing there are more people wondering what will work. So post up what car you are have and what you would like to have on it. For instance if you plan to run an aftermarket subframe or frame. Long tubes or not, and any other odd ball requirements.

The idea is that hopefully someone will know hwo to make it work or some company may decide there is a need and start trying to address that need.

Keep the replies fairly simple as the minor details, while they add up, are still minor. If you think you have a solution to someones problem go ahead and reply here.

Thanks

Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Not really, my car is just in its infancy stages and it doesn't meet the requirements of the other thread at this time. I iknow what will work for the most part from just surfing the web and from LS1-tech.

I just picked up a truck 4.8 for my '64 Impala. I'm hoping to use the stock accessories and exhaust manifolds with a Camaro, 'Vette, or Caddy oil pan. Any ideas?

-Chris
      '64 Impala Sport Coupe- Slow-Touring project; LR4, 700R4, work in progress
      '66 Corvair Monza Convertible- 110, Powerglide
      '95 Z28- 355 LT1, 76mm turbo, built 4L60E, 12-bolt
      '98 S10 scsb- 4.3 auto
      '00 Corvette coupe- 6-speed

odd and not so odd LSx swaps

We are dyno'ing (is that a word?) a customer's '57 nomad tomorrow. We swapped out a gutless turd TPI "street rod" motor. '04 6.0 Silverado motor with 2nd design LS6 cam, valve springs, Smith Bros. pushrods, crossflow radiator conversion, Patriot mid-length tri five headers, three inch duals with dynomax mufflers, fabbed our own mounts, 4l60e trans with 2600 stall, Painless Vortec truck harness & '03 cable style computer. same 3.73 posi as before, bone stock TPI put down 193hp with massive intake heat from trick billet air cleaner right behind rad (why do street rod guys go through the trouble to swap a performance motor and then feed it 200 deg air?). We are hoping for a conservative 300-330rwhp, hot with the hood closed.
      The fairly odd swap is an '05 all aluminum HO 5.3 w/4l60e into a 1973 Mercedes-Benz roadster. We are goin to swap the oil pan (looks like a GTO pan will be easiest but...) and use a polished ProProducts LS2 intake with drive by wire because the truck intake is too tall.
      I'll take pics of the merc swap as we go. we are also "cleaning up" the outside and with a set of 18" wheels, should give the owner plenty of sauce to to cruise in style.

Sounds neat. Defintely post pics.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com