Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: "Burnt Toast"

"Burnt Toast"

Here is the start of one of my other projects. I've been collecting parts for a little while (thanx Frank and Lisa), but it still wont be done all that quickly since the '61 is the first one I want to get on the road. I can just slap some wheels on this and drive it the way it is for awhile, but with 160K on the odo, it smokes like a masquito fogger.

parts collected so far include;
      '87 Buick 3.8 turbo motor, fully forged bottom end, girdled block, fully rollerized valve train, ported aluminum GN1 heads, BGC intake, 70mm TB, 67 dual BB turbo, large front mount IC, still trying to decide if I keep the 2004R or try to figure out how to use a 4L60E (paddle shifters???), Moser 9". 13"/6 piston Wilwoods front and 12"/4 piston Wilwoods rear, Hydraboost, ATS spindles, I have both a full air ride setup with their strong arms and a setup from SC&C with SPC arms and VariShock coil overs (dont know which will make it on), and I scored a nice set of Recaro's just for bein' a nice guy (thanx Darrin).

Her's what I'm staring with. Got it just like this about ten years ago.

and it already looks better with the new wheels

diggin those wheels ,whats the specs?
      "Rockford, this is Tony. Now, your car's
      ready. Couldn't reach you, so I went ahead and put in the new pistons. The
      tab's $527.54. And this time we're talking cash. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rockford
      diggin those wheels ,whats the specs?
      you can lookup my previous post on the wheels for the full story.
      They are;
      17 x 7 with 5" back space ( 225/40/17 )
      18 x 9 with 4.75 back space ( 275/40/18 )
      they were sized for the future upgrades and will NOT need spacers then. Right now the back would need a 1/4" spacer maybe a little less (wheelwell lip needs to be rolled reguardless). The moser and wilwoods will take care of that. The front will need 5/16" spacers due to the dropped spindles causing the tierod end to hit the rim. The ATS spindles will take care of that.

Country Flag: United States
      air ride with ATS and SC&C and have the best of both worlds!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com