Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

"Euro" 55 Chevy Finally Back From Paint Shop

Here's my "Euro" 55 Chevy that has been in Paint/Body shop prison for almost two years. I just starting putting it back together. Listed below are some of the highligths:

* Porsche Cayane Titanium Metallic (Gray) base coat/clear coat
      * Porsche Late model 993 door handles
      * Porsche 911 electric mirrors (haven't re-installed yet)
      * BMW Breyton alloy wheels ( 18"x8" & 20"x9.5")
      * BMW late model 3 series "M" gray leather heated/power front seats and rear fold down seats. I plan on folding them done to show off the twin 12" Polk Momo sub woofers when at events
      * Momo leather (silver/black) steering wheel
      *BMW late model side marker lights (not installed yet)
      The above are a few of the "Euro" items I have installed in this 55. I started out with hot rods (couple of 32's), then migrated to several 55's to include a Nomad (wish I still had that one), two 69 Camaros and then later in life I got interested in Porsches and BMW because they had nice wheel options, lots of brushed aluminum, etc. Now I've gone full circle with the 55 with a "dare to be different" look. I'm in the process of having all the chrome trim sand blasted and powder coated an Eastwood single stage reflective chrome (about three steps below real chrome(looks like header coating). All stainless trim around windows and sides of car have been "brushed" to remove the chrome look. I'm installing a smoothed front bumper upside down (ala Chip Foose) in front (powder coated also) and a Nomad rear bumper which allowed me to clean up the rear deck lid. The progress has been slow putting the 55 back together because of the 69 Camaro LS1 6 speed Pro-Touring project which I just got running and I'm in the process of trouble shooting all the new components. I'm definately "Car Crazy" for having two projects going on at the same time!
      Attached Images Attached Images        

Country Flag: United States
      They both look great. Please post more of both!

Ron

"If at first you don't succeed Skydiving is not for you"

1970 Z28
      Scott Mock C6 Subframe, Ridetech RJoint 4 link
      LSX454
      Anvil Auto - through the build

Cool. I remember your 55 now from a long time ago. Glad to see its home and getting together!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com