Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Resto details-

Resto details-

I've got a 73 Nova hatchback I picked up for next to nothing. It had a bent front subframe, a thrashed interior, a smashed gas tank, hacked up wiring, and no drivetrain. As per build sheet it was an original 350 2bbl with a 3 speed on the floor and bucket seats. I decided to use this car as a learning experience and rebuild it from the ground up. I've found a donor frame, bought a full poly bushing kit, picked up a power steering box, brake power booster, and front disc spindles from a wrecking yard, have rebuilt a 406 small block, found and rebuilt a 10 bolt posi with new 3.36 gears, plan for a 5 speed, etc etc...

I want the car to look "factory stock" and fresh off the assembly line, like '73 245hp 350 engine stickers etc, and am wondering where can I get info on where all those factory paint marks should be on the suspension, firewall, etc...??

I saw a restored Yenko clone Nova w/17" wheels on ebay that was as clean as a whistle and had some of these paint marks. About half way through the auction it was going for $17,000+ but I never saw what it ended up at. I guess all the little details made it more valuable. Thanks for any input.

Last edited by zbugger; 12-20-2004 at 11:19 AM. Reason: bad links....
      -Ben

'74 Nova Street Racer, mid 11's in street trim, 406 pwr.
      '73 Nova Resto-mod proj, daily driver, mid 13's, 406 pwr.
      '76 Suburban, 4" lift, 33" mudders, currently 406 pwr.
      '78 Olds Cutlass wagon, 3" drop, V rated tires on 70's Z28 5 spokes, 406 Chevy pwr.
      '83 cheVette, undergoing Pro-touring mods w/LS2 & 6 speed

Country Flag: United States
      try the resto houses, (Year One, etc) there is alot of info available in Hemming's as far as source info. I would bet that 250 cid emblems on the fenders would sucker most people, especially if combined with a quiet exhaust. My 67 Firebird is being built in a similar fashion. I am planning to use no exterior emblems, single color paint, quiet as practical exhaust. Understated as much as possible with maximum performance using original pontiac parts, should be fun.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com