Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Bob's Salt-Bound XLR??

I have not seen anything in quite some time, even looked over at Musclerides, what's up? Anyone know? Progress?

Later - Craig

[email protected]

'70 Chevelle (in storage now, probably will never be back on its wheels again!)

Country Flag: United States
      waiting to get info from him so we can build the website
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Progress is coming along nicely. However, you probably won't see much on the car until it is finished. Sort of a suprise for Bonneville. I have seen a couple pictures, but I would get a midnight visit from big men in black suits driving black LTDs if I shared them......
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell
      Progress is coming along nicely. However, you probably won't see much on the car until it is finished. Sort of a suprise for Bonneville. I have seen a couple pictures, but I would get a midnight visit from big men in black suits driving black LTDs if I shared them......
      That's cool! I had not heard anything, just was curious if it was still a go. Guess I am going to finally be marking Bonneville off of my places to go list! Thanks Bill.
      Later - Craig

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by BADVELLE
      That's cool! I had not heard anything, just was curious if it was still a go. Guess I am going to finally be marking Bonneville off of my places to go list! Thanks Bill.
      ME TOO! See ya there.
      I may have a clip up in a day or two with a similar motor (northstar) at work in another car. Stay tuned.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Sounds good!
      Later - Craig

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt
      waiting to get info from him so we can build the website
      Marty..i'm concerned if I turn all the build pix over to you and they go on the internet, magazines won't want to do a build article on it. August is just around the corner, and I'm going to hold off on the build part of the web site until I know what the magazines are going to do. The car is coming right along...we're pushed for time as you might imagine..we started late..but it looks OK for August..Alan Johnson in Gadsden is going to build the front sheet metal for the car. Rabbit is pushed for time so Alan is going to do it..Rabbit said he'll be done with the chassis and suspension by the end of this month ands it can go over to Alan's shop for a couple weeks.
      Bob "cooter" Johnson

(Disclamer: Any and all "questionable" comments made by Bob Johnson, Redneck, are to be taken as good natured Good 'ol boy humor. If I offended you, please get a sense of humor...)

Bob,

I am one day's drive (a really long day) from Bonneville. If you want an extra crew-dog for your trip to Bonneville let me know. I'd love to come help.

True
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Johnson
      Marty..i'm concerned if I turn all the build pix over to you and they go on the internet, magazines won't want to do a build article on it.
      I understand exactly what your saying. I almost posted the url and then i said "Na" let's hold off. If you want we can get started building it and then not put it up on the internet will the August. This way we won't have to rush the website.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Damn True
      Bob,

I am one day's drive (a really long day) from Bonneville. If you want an extra crew-dog for your trip to Bonneville let me know. I'd love to come help.

True
      thanks for the offer...it's going to be hell finding rooms over at Wendover..Golf tournament or something else going on..plus it seems like there are a lot more people going this year. We've got a lot of people going over so as far as help, i guess we'll be OK..unless they're all a bunch of dummies like me..
      Bob "cooter" Johnson

(Disclamer: Any and all "questionable" comments made by Bob Johnson, Redneck, are to be taken as good natured Good 'ol boy humor. If I offended you, please get a sense of humor...)

thanks for the offer...it's going to be hell finding rooms over at Wendover..Golf tournament or something else going on..plus it seems like there are a lot more people going this year. We've got a lot of people going over so as far as help, i guess we'll be OK..unless they're all a bunch of dummies like me..
      Hell, I'll just roll out a sleeping bag in the back of my Subaru and sleep out on the salt.
      True T.

My blog

You almost need to secure your accomdations a year in advance. And dont even think of sleeping on the salt... its closed at sundown.

Back in January, one of the bigger hotels in Wendover caught fire and burned about 75 rooms. That and the massive on-slaught of first timers (from Frieburgers following) are going to make it a little rough to find a place to rest.

There is always the KOA...

See'ya boys there.

ElMo sure was a blast this past weekend. A lot of fun in a very short distance...

I am going to work on getting a couple of motorhomes out there for the event, we have a couple demos to use. If this happens, I will let everyone know, at least they could house several of us. Thanks the the update Bob, can't wait to see the car & you in action.
      Later - Craig

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Damn True
      Hell, I'll just roll out a sleeping bag in the back of my Subaru and sleep out on the salt.
      I don't think they will let anyone stay in there at night..I know all the motorhomes had to leave..you'd have to stay in a parking lot...it's pretty warm out there..you'd need a fat girl and a church fan..
      Bob "cooter" Johnson

I don't think they will let anyone stay in there at night..I know all the motorhomes had to leave..you'd have to stay in a parking lot...it's pretty warm out there..you'd need a fat girl and a church fan..
      Hold on there, no fat chicks for me!!
      Later - Craig

[email protected]

you'd need a fat girl and a church fan..
      Put you in a pretty little sun dress and..........damn now I'm not so hungry for lunch.
      True T.

My blog

when is the bonneville speed week?? I passed trough there back in september of 2003. I stopped at the salt flat...got out and read the big sign the have there. Then I procedded to walk onto the salt and just about sunk down to my knee...that was the "rain" season, and the whole place was like muck...nasty stuff. But I can say that I have been there..and I did take some salt as a souviner.

Quote Originally Posted by BADVELLE
      Hold on there, no fat chicks for me!!
      I'd hate to be between you and a fat chick after doing without for a week out there..probably feel like I got run over by a Mack truck..
      Bob "cooter" Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by SicMonte
      when is the bonneville speed week?? I passed trough there back in september of 2003. I stopped at the salt flat...got out and read the big sign the have there. Then I procedded to walk onto the salt and just about sunk down to my knee...that was the "rain" season, and the whole place was like muck...nasty stuff. But I can say that I have been there..and I did take some salt as a souviner.
      it's the second week of August..like Thurs. August 9th starts check in..They used to check in on Friday but this year it's Thurs. won't race until the week-end and goes thru the next week..let's hope the salt is good...if it rains very much a few weeks before, it can get real nasty..you can't tell how it's going to be each year...let's hope this year the weather cooperates..
      Bob "cooter" Johnson

You are not allowed to to be on the track grounds after 7 or something, you can stay on the salt at the bend in the road before you drive onto the track area.

Most of the hotels have truck/RV parking and there are a few large parking lots.

Just keep calling, most people get lots of rooms and then start cancelling then closer to go time.
      James J.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com