Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

T56 Hydraulics in my 69 camaro question

Been doing tons of forum searching and reading about the swap for first gen Camaros I have a LS1 out of a 2001 with T56 Ls7 clutch.

I'm trying to decide on master cylinder and adapter bracket along with modifications to factory clutch pedal in my 69.

Is it worth buying the tick adjustable master cylinder or using a aftermarket Factory replacement setup. Will the tick master cylinder fit in this application. I have read that some people have issues with Factory master cylinder not moving enough fluid or causing issues when abusing the car some

Country Flag: United States
      Speed tech makes a kit that comes with the firewall bracket & rod end for the GM LS1 F body master. I tried the tick master once with that bracket & it wouldnt fit. I have had no issses with a GM master & slave. You'll need to redrill a hole in the clutch pedal to keep the rod on the master in line through its range of motion. . If the angle is off it will bind, and eventually fail.

Check out Tilton, they have a new mounting system with a monoball bearing at the end so the cylinder pivots at the end so the alignment with the pushrod remains constant throughout the full stroke of the pedal. Pricey but very nice.
      http://tiltonracing.com/product/78-s...ter-cylinders/

Country Flag: United States
      I'd add to double check the range of motion and pedal ratio. I've found that I always need to drill a new hole for the pushrod above the factory hole.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com