Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is your top speed?

I guess I will help kick off this new forum.
      The fastest I have went was in 1969 Camaro. I wound 5th gear up to around 5,800rpm and wound up around 145mph then I just dropped it into 6th gear and started hitting the brakes.
      I did somewhere around 140MPH in the 1996 Formula but it took forever to get there.
      1973 Cutlass 140mph
      1972 Cutlass 130mph
      I have heard some of you do a lot faster so lets hear it. Kyle and Stacy Tucker have hit over 210 in the Twister but I dont think they post on this site.

Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

EDIT: my previous post content no longer necessary. Big thanks to admins/mods for moving this thread to the Outhouse. It started to get out of hand.

Guys, please follow the forum rules. It is clearly stated that street-racing related stuff is not tolerated in Racing section!! I don't know how some people can be so proud of breaking traffic laws and endangering yourself and others, let alone bragging illegal stupid behaviors on a public forum. It may impress teenage kids, but it sure doesn't impress those who are into the sports of performance driving.

PLEASE don't turn the Racing section into one of those stupid "kill story" section. I hear enough of that crap from local bench racers.
      Last edited by Salt Racer; 01-19-2005 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Thread has been moved from Racing section to Outhouse
      The first step of becoming a better driver is to attend a track event, time yourself, and realize the fact you really suck.

Signed,
      A driver who laps Big Willow at 1:42.6 in a 134hp BMW - and I am still considered mediocre.

children street race.

please take the bragging about street racing elsewhere.
      Last edited by spanky the wondermuffin; 12-15-2004 at 05:42 AM. Reason: i don't condone unsafe behaviour

We won't discuss where, as it was a sanctioned event and I was only a course worker (event insurance purposes) but I had my 93 Trans Am up to, drumroll please...

Doug
      67 Camaro - Project: Retribution

"Honda: The most efficient means of converting gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower."

I think "I" was moving faster than that when my oil pressure sending line busted and started spraying oil onto my foot and all the pedals!!
      Justin, 68 Camaro Update:5 speed is in and neighbors are pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by 68BNUT
      I think "I" was moving faster than that when my oil pressure sending line busted and started spraying oil onto my foot and all the pedals!!
      Yikes, that will ruin your day.
      Doug
      67 Camaro - Project: Retribution

"Honda: The most efficient means of converting gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower."

#304 6.900 193.54 John Koster John Koster Chev Dragster Q8 FL 1994

cut and pasted from draglist.com

I know its a dragster but you only asked top speed you didnt ask how. :3gears:

John

Mine is about 90mph, give or take :D. A 307 with mechanical points that give out at 4800rpms...combined with 3.42 gears...and you don't go very fast
      However, I did 140 in my '02 Z28 with ease, and there was still PLENTY of headroom left.

Hey Camaroboy

It's funny cause I've gone 140 in a 72 Cutlass also, but it was kinda scary, you can see the cutlass in my pics.

Also did 165 on my old bike (not sure how accurate the speedometer is at that speed though)

140 in my 99 SS still had more in it (I love the LS1)

My 69 was only able to get to 120 (ran out of gear)

All where done on a closed road.
      1969 RS Camaro
      1985 Buick GN
      2005 F-250

Country Flag: United States
      137 and change at Richard Petty's Las Vegas half-day driving experience back in June of 2000. That's about as fast as the lead car is supposed to ever let the half day guys go, and the half mph or so of 'change' was enough to put the next fastest guy in 2nd.

Norm
      '08 GT coupe, 5M, suspension unstockish (the occasional track toy)
      '19 WRX, Turbo-H4/6M (the family sedan . . . seriously)
      Gone but not forgotten dep't:
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A

174 in my old 2000 SS.. felt really good at that speed too..
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

200mph on the German Autobans in my Mustang

Yep it was 200mph on the Saleen speedo!!! That thing's got
      every 5.0 trick in the book... E-heads/intake, Saleen blower cam, paxton blower... full Steeda road race suspension... Tokico 5-ways etc.

Wished I'd had hood pins though... anything over 170 the corners of the hood would start dancing! I was cruising at 150mph with the AC on and tunes blasting and suddenly saw headlights flashing me to move over and "something" moving up FAST! I moved into the "slow" lane and this silver wraith of a car pulls up next to me...
      the guy gives me a look and a nod... downshifts! the ass end of his car squats and he's gone like I'm doing 50mph not 150! So I planted the pedal and ran it up to 200mph trying to catch this guy... 20 mins
      later I pull into a BP to get gas (and relax!) and this guy comes up to me and says with a German accent "Is that your Mustang?" Turns out it's "the guy" and he says "that thing runs pretty good for an American car!" then he takes me out and shows me his silver Bugatti EB110!!!

True story!

btw the Mustang is still for sale... $10,000 obo to finance my Firebird's PT transformation... you can contact me at [email protected] if interested.
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

200!!! WOw that is really fast! That speed reminds me of Kyle and Stacy tuckers 69 Camaro called the Twister.
      What gears and transmission do you have in that Mustang? Also what size tire Diameter? I think I would shart myself at that speed.

200!! That makes my top speed of 147 look pretty wienie. 16 years old and 147 mph in my girlfriend's dad's '72 Pantera around midnight on the I-10 . What is it that they say about 16 year old boys? Young, dumb,and full of....something, I forget the rest.

145 mph in my bone stock 6 spd 2000 Z-28 convertible.....with the top down and my gf, now wife white as a ghost....
      Camaro Convertible Build Pics - http://s447.photobucket.com/albums/qq198/rob07002/

www.musclerides.com

Rob Stevens

I passed a cobra mustang at 155 mph in fifth gear with more room to go. It was a blast. It was the scariest thing I’ve done. Perhaps the stupidest thing I’ve done as well.
      It's shake and bake!!! and i helped!
      Drewco Homes

Ty, (Master Sergeant Ingle)

That is fast, I won't bring up my unsanctioned transgression

By the way, my wheels look pretty good photoshopped on you sig photo ;)

See ya at the cruise nights when it's not snowing!
      Don 67 Camaro RS/SS Texas

Quote Originally Posted by harshman
      I passed a cobra mustang at 155 mph in fifth gear with more room to go. It was a blast. It was the scariest thing I’ve done. Perhaps the stupidest thing I’ve done as well.
      Didn't you marry the only girl you have....you know Just Kidding, I love Tera. She deserves better.

I like to think that I am more responsible these days than I used to be. I used to take my car to 150 ish all the time when I had my 2.73 gears and turbo 350. It would get up there very quickly. I have never actually tested the cars top speed. I made a high speed run a while back with the nitrous flowing and backed off at around 155, and it was still pulling hard! I don't promote street racing, but I had to blow away one of those supercharged '03 Mustang Cobras a while back. I'm sure at first the guy thought his car was bad-ass, but was giving me the thumbs up moments later. FYI, it was on a very empty freeway and I feel no guilt.
      Andy

In my buddies 98 TA ws6 i hit 155 in 5th but could never get up there in 6th.
      In my camaro i had my friend pace me in his m3 (my speedo is out of commission at the moment) I did 140mph and i was only at like 4000rpm. Thats the only thing this damn 2:56 open rear is good for.
      My 98 VW jetta vr6 will cruise at 150mph for as long as u can!
      :3gears: 68 Rally Sport Camaro 350/4spd(t56ingarage)/8.5 10bolt 2.56 open,Hotchkis springs, kyb shocks, 17" Rallys 235/245-45-17

1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am 3.8 Buick LC2 V-6 w/51k, Ported heads w/oversized one piece valves, te-44 turbo,PTS built 200R4 w/2800stall, Lucas green top 009 42.5# injectors, AFPR, Adjustable wastegate, ATR 3inch exhaust, Terry houston 3inch mandrel bent downpipe, stock intercooler w/duttwieler neck, Eibach Springs, Bilstien shocks, Spohn adjustable panhard bar...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com