Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

For the people who dont take the Pontiac catch up race serious!

sins a couple of years the pontiac franety hase been catshing up with aftermarket engine blocks like the Indian adventureII the Buddler alu block and the kaufman MR1 blocks together with the edelheads kaufman d port heads and the big Tiger heads and now the canted valve heads the forged and billet cranks rods eagle stroker kits. but now whe have a First bij my nolige not used by any of the other traditional american V8 brands.pontiac V.TEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chek this out http://www.vari-lift.com/

Country Flag: United States
      I was having a difficult time reading that, then I realized you are in Europe. Whew!
      Co-Founder, LS1TECH.com

Forged Wheel Dealer, Contact me for a quote!
      www.DV8Motoring.com

My Dutch is likely nowhere as good as David's English.. so I figured I'd try to translate/spellcheck to make it easier for others to read:

For a couple of years, the Pontiac fraternity has been catching up -- with aftermarket engine blocks like the Indian Adventure II, the Buddler aluminum block and the Kaufman MR1 blocks -- together with the Edelheads, Kaufman D port heads, big Tiger heads and now the canted valve heads; forged and billet cranks and rods, and the Eagle stroker kits.... but now we have a first, by my knowledge not used by any of the other traditional American V8 brands: Pontiac V.TEC!
      Check this out http://www.vari-lift.com/

That is some very interesting stuff.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

The parts are there, the engines make power, but you pay three prices for the parts.

I dig the aftermarket parts for Pontiac motors!

Just curious though,.....if you buy an aftermarket block and heads, can you still say that you are Pure Poncho? It's gotta be better than putting a Chevy into a Pontiac!!
      69 RS
      LS7, T56 and other cool stuff
      Back on track in late 2020!
      Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BA.
      It's gotta be better than putting a Chevy into a Pontiac!!
      Anything is better than that! Who would do such a vile thing?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

LOL. The Pontiac "purist" will say no. But they're pretty much gay anyway.......

If you're using a "traditional" Pontiac design, and want to play with the other Marques, you're banging your head against a wall... Plain and simple.

And that's from personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by EFI69Cam
      The parts are there, the engines make power, but you pay three prices for the parts.
      eeeeeeuuuuhh NO!. from 500 hp and up prices are the same as CHevy.....

Quote Originally Posted by derekf
      My Dutch is likely nowhere as good as David's English.. so I figured I'd try to translate/spellcheck to make it easier for others to read:

For a couple of years, the Pontiac fraternity has been catching up -- with aftermarket engine blocks like the Indian Adventure II, the Buddler aluminum block and the Kaufman MR1 blocks -- together with the Edelheads, Kaufman D port heads, big Tiger heads and now the canted valve heads; forged and billet cranks and rods, and the Eagle stroker kits.... but now we have a first, by my knowledge not used by any of the other traditional American V8 brands: Pontiac V.TEC!
      Check this out http://www.vari-lift.com/
      Thank you ... im not only from the netherlands europe but im dislectic as wel

Quote Originally Posted by Goatman
      LOL. The Pontiac "purist" will say no. But they're pretty much gay anyway.......

If you're using a "traditional" Pontiac design, and want to play with the other Marques, you're banging your head against a wall... Plain and simple.

And that's from personal experience.
      Jim Hand runs a 4000+lb Wagon in the low 11s using a factory block, factory heads (ported), factory spec cam, factory intake and factory carb. You just have to do it right.

http://www.pontiacstreetperformance....ld455jh01.html

And it took him 30 years of R&D to do it......

I know Jim Hand, talked to him many times. And his car won't run with a Chevy or Ford.........

my ford has ran mid 9's on the stock block. near stock ls1's cn run 11's
      Chris V
      SOLD

i tought this was about pontiac Vtec. it apears that people insted are bi...ing and moaning about what a stok ford ore chevy engine can do!! seems like a bit sour grapes to me... every brand hase its sucses storys. i can name a couple from pontiac that will rock ford and chevy of its feet. as im sure others can do the oposit. who cares. i suspected more mature serius chit chat about this new system reguardless of brand........

And just so you know I had a 700hp Pontiac (stock block) and I'm telling you its a waste of time.

10.09@131, 3400lbs, stock suspension.

If you want Pontaic ball washing, check out PY. That's all they're good for...

And that's also the reason this got moved to Engine MISCELLANEOUS.......

Technically this isn't VTEC because there's no electronic control, it is VVT though.

Variable ratio rockers have been around for a while for other engines and were supposed to be eventually made for Pontiacs as well.
      http://www.hotrocker.com
      the website doesn't look like it's been updated for a long time so I don't know if they're still working on making them for different engines.

This setup is different in that it uses centrifugal force to change the ratio which keeps it self contained, but it seems like it would be harder to keep the activation point for all 8 cylinders the same.

For street purposes, I'll keep my Pontiac. I know Chevies (and others) can make some great HP but I can use my relative stock parts and run 12's all day. I know others can do the same but I know Pontiacs (a little) and do just fine. Buicks are torque monsters as well but I don't like the external oil pump and valve train.
      Wick
      '71 Camaro RS Project

12's........

Any stock LS1 F-body, LS2 GTO/Vette can do the same.

Yawn....

And your point is? I just gave my opinion.

Anyone can just go and "buy" 12's or faster but to do it with vintage iron is much more fun to me. No computer, FI, NOS, ect.
      Wick
      '71 Camaro RS Project

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com