I hope its attached

Attached Files Attached Files

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Deeznuts
      I hope its attached
      Looks like a cool project man, whats the specs on your rim/tire setup
      71' Nova - LY6, T56

Update on the project.

Rear axle along with the front subframe have arrived. Mini tubs have been welded and are completly installed. Alot of body stuff has already been done. I asked Jared what he thought of our car versus Joe Rogans Cuda and he said ours was even cleaner than his (rust condition wise). My father and myself spent an hour with Troy and about 45 min with Bob Thrash talking about where we want to go with the rear and front of the car. No final conclusions were made...but Bob is going to do a couple renderings for us to look at next week. By then the rear and front suspensions should be on the car.

The front is pretty easy because everything is already there, you pull it off the pallet and bolt it to the car. Workin on getting some pictures for everyone to check out. Troy is going to fedex me some so I can put them on here. Also we are leaning on 19s in the rear with 345s and a 18" front tire with 275s.
      '70 Rad Rides by Troy Chevy Nova Completed

Build Thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=29017

What are the plans for the suspension? are they going to do coil overs?
      So Bob Thrash does still work with them, does he also work on his own or strictly for Troy?
      Cannot wait to see the update photos!

Quote Originally Posted by stang97
      Update on the project.

Rear axle along with the front subframe have arrived. Mini tubs have been welded and are completly installed. Alot of body stuff has already been done. I asked Jared what he thought of our car versus Joe Rogans Cuda and he said ours was even cleaner than his (rust condition wise). My father and myself spent an hour with Troy and about 45 min with Bob Thrash talking about where we want to go with the rear and front of the car. No final conclusions were made...but Bob is going to do a couple renderings for us to look at next week. By then the rear and front suspensions should be on the car.

The front is pretty easy because everything is already there, you pull it off the pallet and bolt it to the car. Workin on getting some pictures for everyone to check out. Troy is going to fedex me some so I can put them on here. Also we are leaning on 19s in the rear with 345s and a 18" front tire with 275s.
      72 Nova

Plans are coilovers. Aparently we have the first (sold to a consumer) front hydroformed Nova subframe from the guys at detroitspeed. This is one amazing piece! Really, really nice looking. Heres a link to it.
      http://www.detroitspeed.com/productpages/subframe.htm

Not sure if bob works solely for troy, on his own or both.

Build Thread

My father and myself spent an hour with Troy and about 45 min with Bob Thrash talking about where we want to go with the rear and front of the car. No final conclusions were made...but Bob is going to do a couple renderings for us to look at next week. By then the rear and front suspensions should be on the car.
      Two of the nicest guy's in the Industry.

Have you gone over to Bob's shop yet ??
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

I will have my car at many of the shows in the area this year. Hope to see your car there.

Rad's needs to update the pic's on the website! there still showing cars from 2 years ago .......... yawn.
      72 Nova

Have you gone over to Bob's shop yet ??
      Yes. Bob took us over there to check it out. Hes working on a paint scheme for a Roush mustang (local guy). Bob is going to do some stuff for us on the front and rear of the nova. Also hes going to do some paint ideas for us to look at.

Rad's needs to update the pic's on the website! there still showing cars from 2 years ago .......... yawn.
      I know...they havent changed it for a while. Ill have to ask AL if they plan to update it soon. Im going to see about getting some pictures up here this week, as we are stopping by the shop on weds. Then I think ill start a thread in the "Projects" thread with pics and discripts.

-Derek

Build Thread

MrRottnDog- Love the car, looks really slick. I can see from your picts that you are very local.

Build Thread

Yes. Bob took us over there to check it out. Hes working on a paint scheme for a Roush mustang (local guy). Bob is going to do some stuff for us on the front and rear of the nova. Also hes going to do some paint ideas for us to look at.
      Yep the mustang is pretty nice.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ght=Bob+Thrash
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Update

Update!

Got a few pictures from today.
      Here you can see the floor of the car. Floor is perfect except for the very front of it. This picture shows the floor after Jared welded in a new small panel.
      Name:  DSCN5208.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  28.3 KB

This is showing how clean this car really was. Here are some parts off of the front of the car.
      Attachment 16865

One fender had a small patch put on it about 3"X3" and the other one was perfect with zero rust.
      Attachment 16866

Finally, here is a picture taken down the side of the car. All original panels. You will notice all of the marker lights are shaved off, this is the same on the front fenders. Also the stubs that hold the trim are also removed and filled.
      Name:  DSCN5202.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  24.9 KB

Baer brakes should be in any time soon and the throttle body came in via ups while we were there today. Still working on the rear suspension (DSE stuff). Enjoy!
      -derek

Build Thread

VERY nice! Keep 'em coming......

Whats the plans for interior? any new photos?
      Thanks
      72 Nova

Interior and other things

Whats the plans for interior? any new photos?
      Thanks
      Havent really discussed this part of the project at all. We were thinking about doing a recaro style seat in the front with a short backing to it. As for the rear sear we will go with the bench style. More then likely it will all be black interior with some sort of insert on the seat. No new photos, camera has been acting up. I will tell you that the build is going well.

We stopped by the shop last sunday and had dinner with Jared. He is doing most of the work on the nova. We talked about some stuff related to what he was doing to the suspension. According to him, subframe connectors and engine placement are the next things to be accomplished on the list.

In the beginning we were so ahead of ourselves with everything due to the initial overwhelming excitement for the car. Now that we are back on earth again we are approaching each step of the car as it comes to us. Like Troy said to us in the beginning...we can decide on a paintjob as the car is being built, but our ideas/colors will change 100 times before we get to actually painting the car!
      Peace.
      -derek

Build Thread

Any new updates?
      72 Nova

Not too much new. I guess they are working on smoothing the firewall and finished the trans tunnel. The front of the tunnel needed to be reworked to make room for the 4L80e. After this is done they are going to do some work to the rear and front of the car.
      -d

Build Thread

Not too much new. I guess they are working on smoothing the firewall and finished the trans tunnel. The front of the tunnel needed to be reworked to make room for the 4L80e. After this is done they are going to do some work to the rear and front of the car.
      -d
      Tranny tunnel was done on Tuesday and Levi was working on cutting off the old firewall which was incrediblly loud.

Jared said that Levi has a way of making any tool he uses louder then it needs to be. It was funny.

ps - the car looks awesome and nope i didn't take any pictures
      marty-mj

QUOTE]Jared said that Levi has a way of making any tool he uses louder then it needs to be. It was funny.[/QUOTE]

I know! I was talkin to Jared and he was using the grinder and it was loud as helL!

Build Thread

Time for an update please.
      72 Nova

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com