Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
      Can't wait to see pics of the '70.

a little taste of the rendering

Ok so I decided to post an early version of the rendering (no paint)to give all of the Nova guys a taste of this thing. I think everyone else will like it too. I saw the thread started in lateralg on our project but I couldnt post for some reason. Someone post the rendering over there if you like.

This is 3 versions of the front end. The idea my father was going for throughout the car was to make it clean. Lighten up on the chrome and keep it simple (hence the camaro bumpers). I think in the final drawing we eliminated the side mirrors or put smaller ones on there. Of course a lot of ideas are going to be from Troy and we are going to roll with his and the crews thoughts.
      '70 Rad Rides by Troy Chevy Nova Completed

Build Thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=29017

Thats going to be one bad a$$ NOVA.Ilove the cars that come out of there!
      65 Impala
      01 Z06

Awesome project! Looking forward to seeing the car when its done, I'm always hitting up the local cruise nights. Visit Troy's every once in a while too, so I'll be sure to check it out. Looks like you will have one wicked ride when done
      Luke
      '63 Chevy II wagon - project

Beautiful car! Hmmmm, looks familiar........

Ben,

Your rendering looks great. Are you still planning on being at the Summer Nationals this year? Keep in touch if you are, I will stop by and say hello.
      -Morgan
      www.hwimotorsports.com
      '68 Camaro SS vert
      '10 Camaro SS/RS
      '91 GMC Syclone
      '60 Impala

Sure thing Morgan, see you there! Winter is taking way too long.

Hdesign--Nice rendering!

Build Thread

Not trying to be offensive or anything. But I'm not sure about the Camaro bumper thing. I kinda think it will look better in person than it does in pictures, but I guess only time will tell.
      Andrew Petty

OK Derek, we need to talk. Please PM or call, better yet have Murray Pfaff from Pfaff Design contact me. He'll remember me from the lengthy conversation we had regarding the UNIQUENESS of my design for my 70 Nova at last year's Pro Touring dinner at SEMA.

He has a great eye and an even better memory apparently.

Ben,
      This rendering was done very early on in 2005. The actual "final" design doesnt look at all like yours. Getting rid of the big stock bumpers was our idea that we got from Troys Cuda and we told murray to incorporate that into our design. I wanted to post something up here to show the direction we are taking this car without totally giving it away. More to come.

Thanks for all the complements/suggestions thus far!

Build Thread

Stang97, The induction style hood is pretty cool.
      Going to be a Fun build to follow for sure! How they doing the suspension? .....
      72 Nova

PM sent Derek

For the record, this is a brief update on the situation some may see is developing here.

Derek and I discussed this issue via PM's to avoid any unnecessary and inappropriate mudslinging that could potentially become a source of flared tempers and regretable comments from anyone.

Here's the deal, I'll try to keep it short:

Derek claims that he and his father were inspired by Joe Rogan's "Sick Fish", that featured a shrunken bumper. He asserts that this idea to apply the same treatment to his 70 Nova came "a year and a half ago". Which is also when he said to have commissioned Murray Pfaff to complete renderings (shown above).

For those of you who have seen the gallery pages of my website or are members of the other G-machine forum that have seen the rendering I completed on my own personal car (also posted above), you may have noticed the mods I am planning on that are strikingly similar in Derek's renderings. Such as: shrunken bumpers, custom lower valences with chin spoiler, air intakes, front fender vent. After months of research of Nova mods, that is the design I came up with that I felt was a significant and unique change to the styling of that body style of Nova. This concept has been publically available since Spring 06. (Regardless of when I actually completed the rendering or conceived the idea. That is purely hearsay.)

As I mentioned previously, I had a conversation with Murray Pfaff at the ProTouring dinner last Nov at SEMA where we looked at my portfolio and discussed the details of my 70 Nova, as shown in the above renderings. There was not only no mention of this ever being done or thought of before, but he commented on how innovative and unique the design was. Had it been mentioned or even hinted, I would have immediately changed my design to retain a significant level of uniqueness. It is difficult for me to believe, with the info and impressions that I have, that it slipped his mind or that he purposely didn't warn me to change my direction. Again, this could all be hearsay.

So, after 39 years of the gen3 Nova's existence, two parties came up with the same mod(s) conceivably within 6 months of each other. It may be hard to believe but stranger things have happened. The only tie breaker would be the first publically viewable rendering of the proposed design. Perhaps someone can find out if this has, in fact, been done before. It will render this argument a moot point. (no pun intended)

After all that, Derek assured me that the renderings he posted (above) were preliminary designs that have gone through some level of evolution that would make undeniably clear distictions between my design and wherever they end up.

Like most people, I am a huge fan of Troy's work and I admire his professionalism. With that said, I have no doubt in my mind that Troy and his incredible team will provide Derek and his dad with a truely unique and killer ride worthy of an enormous amount of praise and envy. LOL. I share the same amount of sincere excitement as everyone else when I say I can't wait to see how it comes out. This will be a great project! Good Luck Derek!

Quick update.

Front part of the floors were swiss cheesed a little bit so they were replaced with new metal from... I believe year one. It was only two small sections 12"X12" on the driver and passenger sides. Front clip is enroute and the transmission has been ordered as well. Next week should be more exciting!

Build Thread

Quick update.

Front part of the floors were swiss cheesed a little bit so they were replaced with new metal from... I believe year one. It was only two small sections 12"X12" on the driver and passenger sides. Front clip is enroute and the transmission has been ordered as well. Next week should be more exciting!

Stang97, The induction style hood is pretty cool.
      Going to be a Fun build to follow for sure! How they doing the suspension? .....
      Yeah the hood is pretty neat as its drawn up. However I dont think it will make it onto the car as shown, we'll see what happens. Im not too sure on the suspension as of now.

Build Thread

They will probaly bag it?
      72 Nova

No, I think coilovers.

Build Thread

I sure like how the rendering shows it sitting!
      72 Nova

Country Flag: United States
      The man has some SERIOUS skills...
      Never trust a pretty girl... or a lonely midget.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com