Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      here's a pic from a couple years back
      I saw that car at the Baer track day a few years back. I was spectating, but I do remember seeing it. There were some really neat cars there, including the red Camaro that Stielow built with the BBS wheels, a Lingenfelter prep'd late model T/A, and a Shelby Series One. The Shelby kicked the poop out of everyone, that car was really, really fast.

Small world!

I got wind of a potential new series being formed, based upon street registered/legal cars. It sounds like an interesting deal, Friday Practice, Saturday qual, with a 50 mile race later in the day, a parade on the streets (five miles) on Sunday to help promote interest, and then a 100 mile race later in the day. Wanna drive your car against a 360 Modena, or a blown Z06, etc? You may be getting the chance soon. When I hear more, I'll post on this page.

Mark

Country Flag: United States
      Can't see the pic!
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

he's refering to that old pic of my car from phr a few years back.it was slow then,but i did drive it a long way(can't remember 1000?),run it all day,then got up the next morning and drove it home,arriving home before midnite if i recall.
      never dnf'd,always drove to and from events with no problem.only left me stranded on the side of the road after running out of gas.twice.d'oh.it's not as fast and reliable as a car that is sitting on jackstands,and has been for most of a decade,but it's ok.

Spanky, are you inclined to clarify the jackstand comment?

i'm refering to cars that are unfinished,haven't run in 10 or 15 years,yet the owner is sure it will be a world beater,based on the huge dollars spent for fancy parts.i know better than to think a car is a p.o.s. just because it has a few teething problems on it's first few track outings.like i did at that phoenix event.or the hotchkis day the next year,which was the first test of the new suspension.my problem there wasn't suspension at all.it was a tire pressure gauge reading way low.i was running around with nearly 50 psi cold.and a cracked spark plug insulator was giving me a nice intermittent misfire,a great concentration helper.that's the heartbreak of track days.i don't care if i win,but i do care if i lose.

Specifically, what I was driving at was to afford you the opportunity not to break people's balls after they have complimented you on your car. Just because you have some sort of hang up, doesn't mean that everyone else on the board is "in on the joke". I don't see any reason to dog****e people when you don't know them.

I know that my race car is on jack stands right now, I know David Pozzi has a Camaro on stands and I know that the Mark's car runs and moves around under its own power. It seems pretty bogus to get in people's faces when you are not face to face. There is no real integrity to it and no real accountability.

Feel free to show the other people on the board the courtesy of using punctuation and spacing when writing your posts.

I've got TWO cars on jackstands! A fiew weeks ago it was THREE!

Spanky, I get where you are coming from but most of those bragging types are not posing HERE.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com