Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

7/8" to -6 fitting for Q-Jet...

I got these for to run -6 line to my Q-Jet, they go in the carb body replacing the filter housing.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

But for whatever reason they don't thread in. The threads (pitch?) appears to be the same. I know my Q-Jet has 7/8" threads on it, some are 1" I can get them in only about 1/3 of a turn, then it binds. The factory housing I can thread in almost all the way by hand.

Anybody know what I need?

Nick,
      As you said... you know that some quads are 1"x20 and i'm sure if your carb was the 1" ( i think 1975 and up ) your 7/8 fitting would would be very loose in the carb. I dont have any answers but would recommend that you put a little bit of anti-sieze compound on the threads to help make sure you dont get the fitting locked up in the carb ( if you get it that far). If you are sure its the correct fitting I would keep working with it. Check your local parts store for a tap of that size. I think i have seen one designed for the purpose of repairing the threads on the quadrajets. Good Luck
      BB

Country Flag: United States
      For the 74 up Q-jet the Russell # 640340 that is the -6 end threaded 1" - 20. Those fitting look more like for Holley's.
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

Where patience fails, force prevails

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com