Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Cool, i was looking to do a 30x30 and your garage looks pretty much what i was thinking about. What are the rest of the measurements? The garage doors, ceiling height? Thats a 2 post lift in there right? Is that a loft above, or is it just attic space?
      Thanks again!

I went to 28' deep because the cost of the Prue engineered trusses went down by a fair amount.I have no columns. The ceiling is 11' tall above the two bays. If you look at the left side you will see the lower section. I have a deck and door that go in the side to a storage room above the garage. The lower section helped the door look normal. The roof is a 12 pitch so it is quite a nice size room. The bay doors are 10' wide by 9' tall. I would recommend the 10' doors. They are nice when backing in the car or sled trailer. Randy
      Please see my PT Garage for more info on ProBell Camaro. 67 style,99 comfort, options and drive-ability with NASCAR Late Model suspension front and rear.https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vb...?do=view&g=106
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Car Domain PG
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2565383

Randy, thanks for the info! Looks like your garage is built into a little hill, no. I was thinking of doing the same thing. I have been looking at the "garage kits" from 84 Lumber, but they are just standard height ceilings, so I was going to build up the foundation with a few rows of cinder blocks, possibly 4 feet, and then build the garage on top of that, giving me a 12 foot ceiling height. This way I can fit a lift in one of the bays.
      Thanks again for the info!

Mine is 30x50

White G240
      When ever I see an I beam in a garage I get jealous.
      No lally columns and lots of space to work without banging into a post.

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by protouring72
      Randy, thanks for the info! Looks like your garage is built into a little hill, no. I was thinking of doing the same thing. I have been looking at the "garage kits" from 84 Lumber, but they are just standard height ceilings, so I was going to build up the foundation with a few rows of cinder blocks, possibly 4 feet, and then build the garage on top of that, giving me a 12 foot ceiling height. This way I can fit a lift in one of the bays.
      Thanks again for the info!
      KIT?
      Just buy a kit and exchange the wall 2x4s for 2x6s the 12" length you need for the height you are looking for. Then add enough siding to cover the extra height. If they are using a six inch lap, just multipy the length of all four walls x 2 x extra feet height you are adding.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Eville, its a vp free. A great bike but I should have gone with something a little lighter.

Rubes , that dragster was cool as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by vanzuuk1
      Eville, its a vp free. A great bike but I should have gone with something a little lighter.

That's why I have a Heckler (28 lbs) and an older Super8. SC bikes are all I have ridden for the last 8 years. I may retire the S8 for the VPFree next year. Forgelines come first!
      Eric

69 Camaro - LT1 w/ 700R4, DSE springs, swaybar and Konis. Still rockin' it old school with 15" wheels and 60 series tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell
      KIT?
      Just buy a kit and exchange the wall 2x4s for 2x6s the 12" length you need for the height you are looking for. Then add enough siding to cover the extra height. If they are using a six inch lap, just multipy the length of all four walls x 2 x extra feet height you are adding.
      Yeah Bill, they have pre-engineered packages or kits. Friends of mine told me about this when they were looking to build shops. I have yet to stop in and actually talk to someone about this yet, but I will be sure to ask about what you recommend.
      Here's a link:
      http://www.84lumber.com/projects/gar...ype=05&pjt=gar

White G240
      When ever I see an I beam in a garage I get jealous.
      No lally columns and lots of space to work without banging into a post.

Mick
      Yeah it's nice not to have anything to bang into. If you look on the one Ibeam you will see a 2 ton electric hoist. It's been used maybe once or twice

It's nice because you can get at least 4 cars in there, if there is bad weather.

The Garage is 26x40. It was supposed to be 30x46 but the town said it was too big.

Anyone want to buy a 2ton electic hoist?
      1974 Pontiac Firebird Formula
      1971 Pontiac Firebird Formula Clone
      1973 Chevrolet Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by vanzuuk1

Love my Superlight. Wish I'd waited for the Blur.
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

Here is one shot of the regular garage and three of my new one. Trouble is the new one is rented out to a race team so the contents are not mine. Pretty cool to have the stuff in it anyway.
      Attached Images Attached Images        
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Garage

Bill, if that is you in the picture, that place has to be beyond huge

16x80
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

It's cluttered now, but this is all I have pics of right at the moment

I have a steath garage, it cant be seen ,,,not even by radar nor superman ,nobody!
      I am a shade tree hot rodder but I dont even have a shade tree.
      Lee

Wow Buddy can I live there!

All beautiful garage's. My car is having new sheet metal hung now, and I don't even have a garage built yet I'm looking into putting it in my front yard off to one side. I was thinking 18X24 could push my luck and go 20X24 but would be tight any thoughts? I know garages are like horsepower never enough. Wayne

mine

Bill
      That new garage is super cool, now I am jealous of your car and your garage.
      Maybe I need to find an industrial park and build a warehouse, since no one seems be content with the size of their garage. Bigger is better and I can rent the rest.

Mick

my garage is 30 by 30 with 10 ft ceilings.seems to be getting smaller and smaller.I just need to organize it alot better.currently have my 57 belair and my under constuction 69 camaro in there.some day if I ever finish the camaro ill build nice cabinets.for now it works out pretty good.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com