Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      As I understand it, the roll center is defined by the virtual intersection of the two links. It's a bit funky to picture how it works, I honestly haven't devoted the brain space to work it out mentally myself, just going by what I have read. Increasing the inclination would lower the roll center, and from the looks of things, it would appear that you can get an appreciable amount of change for a given mounting location for the bellcranks? By appreciable, I mean something that would translate to actual car handling behavior.

hssss, tow vehicle, eh? For the front stuff, I'd suggest opening a new thread, I will guess that there are a lot of people that would be interested in the details, and I doubt they'd look here for the goods. In general, lengthening the links on just about any commercially available/OEM front suspension "can" help things, they are usually packaging constrained out of the box. Front stuff is really sensitive though, small changes in anything can have pretty dramatic effects, very tricky.

Mark

The virtual intersection of the two links? Excellent! So two little serrated brackets on the housing would let you change the rrc a bunch? I like it. I've been lookingfor a new band wagon to jump on and I think this is it! From now on any car that doesn't have a mumford link is a trailer queen rat box! I've got a lot of work to do before NHIR...
      1967 #s RS

You smart aleck!!!

You can't be competitive without one, you know. Darn crew chiefs. Pff.

M

Yeah, actualy the 41 willys PU kinda fits this discussion in that it has 4 bar, panhard, and coils front and rear. I believe it will give new meaning to the term burn out, long as the transfer case holds up. Actualy I'm considering making the rear a 3 link but I'm not sure about the mumford. For street use I'll probably use the built 327 out of my old Corvair. I think it would be fun to go to an autox run the lotus then unhook the trailer, take junque out of the bed, switch tires with the lotus and run the truck. It should be good for some dislocated jaws and actualy shouldn't do too bad.

I'll start a thread about the MII suspension but it will be "Mustang II suspension for Cobras and other small light cars". I tried one stating lotus 7 and no bites, prolly everyone was thinking tiny underpowered etc (thats not the case). A "production" (MFG building production cars for 15+ years) Lotus 7 holds the world record for 0-100-0, Ultima then did thier own test and beat them but I realy wouldn't realy call an Ultima a production car.

Country Flag: United States
      Have you seen the 7 on flyin miata's website?
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Yeah, it's well done by a Mazda expert. Where his is Miata based mine will be Fox mustang (mostly) and a bit bigger. This is what I'm after but on a much lower budget.

Westie with 6.6 Dart aluminum.
      http://www.chevroletwestfield.co.uk/...nsteinsmonster

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com