Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Regional Shops

Im the service manager of Tru-Line automotive, http://www.tru-lineautomotivesolutions.com/ , and we can handle a/c work, any suspension work, and mechanical repairs. We've been in business for over 40 years, and we do alignments the old fashioned way, as well as using the computer if desired. If you live in or near LA and need a place where you won't get a line, just the truth, give me a buzz.

'64 Chevelle SS, no eng/trans, chopped top 1.5", new quarters, narrowed 9", thats it so far...

'89 Mustang GT, Maximum Motorsports HD torque arm, MM panhard bar, MM HD lower control arms, MM weld in adjustable sway bar, MM full length subframe connectors, H&R springs, KONI adjustable dampers, G Force T5, McLeod clutch and flywheel, 6 point cage, rear seat, sound deadening, spare tire, etc. removed, 306" (soon to be a new 331"), Edelbrock Performer RPM 2, 30 lb injectors, ported BBK 75 MM MAF and T Body, MAC equal length headers, FRPP X303 cam, GT40X heads, BBK X Pipe, MAC mufflers, 3.73 gear, 5 point belts, driveshaft shop 3" driveshaft, LX tails, clear corners, 17" chrome cobra r's, B&M pro ripper shifter

'06 Chev 2500HD, CCSB, Duramax/Allison, 4x4, CST 11" lift, 37" mickey thompson tires, PPE programmer..... the big bad toy hauler

'07 Kawasaki 650R - gotta have something to get around the LA traffic, right?

Quote Originally Posted by chicane67
      San Diego/So Cal

JMC Motorsports aka (old school) Performance World/Dave Turner Motorsports...

4783 Ruffner St. San Diego, California 92111
      Phone (858) 268-2244 Fax (858) 268-2245

John runs the show now and Dave is still behind the counter and answering phones. John bought out Dave not to long ago and moved both JMC Motorsports and Performance World/Dave Turner Motorsports into one facility. From one off fab to frame off resto, JMC can do it all to any year, make or model. They do a bunch in the Vintage sports arena (American Iron Series...etc). His heart and soul is into 1st Gen Fox bodies (as of late)... but his list of perviously owned and modified or restored muscle cars is beyond impressive. They are "good people" in this business. Check out soem of the projects under the "In the shop" link.
      I know this is an old post but I'd really like to know what happened to JMC Motorsports. They ripped me off for nearly $500 for a hydraulic clutch kit that I ordered in January and NEVER delivered.

I have taken the argument to my bank and credit card company and I'm beyond their deadlines for any crediting. This is after being lied to for several months on the phone about delivery. Now none of their phones ring and I don't get any replies to emails. If anyone knows the whereabouts of John Da Luz (owner of JMC) I'd like to know how to get in contact with him.

And if he opens another business elsewhere, stay as far away as possible. I'm not the only one he's ripped off.
      -Jim...

1970 Mustang Mach 1, Global West tubulars, roller bearing everything, del-a-lums, 355 Windsor Tremec TKO 600, lots more on the way
      A few other cool toys too

Country Flag: United States
      Im inquiring as we speak. Ill let you know what I find out.

Chicane- I'll be interested in hearing what you find out.

I have a few possible phone numbers for John E DaLuz (owner of JMC) in the San Diego area that I'm going to call to try to track him down personally. He owes me (and others) an explanation, AND some money.
      -Jim...

1970 Mustang Mach 1, Global West tubulars, roller bearing everything, del-a-lums, 355 Windsor Tremec TKO 600, lots more on the way
      A few other cool toys too

Interior Shops

Any recommendations for interior shops in the North San Diego/South Orange County area?

I'm looking to have some stock buckets and a back seat restored. I got the parts (covers, new springs, etc.) with the intention of doing it myself, but that hasn't happened.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks,
      Matt

I recommend Bruning Auto Design.
      Bruning Auto Design provides some of the best custom automotive fabrication. Their projects range from dedicated street-machines to elaborate street rods, decades of fabrication experience. They provide a variety of services ranging from chassis and roll-cage fabrication, suspension upgrades, and every body mod in the book, to full builds.

They are members here, you can follow their personal car build here.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=36864

My camaro build that they are working on.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=19817

Robs Demon build
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=45804

There is no job that is concidered to small they will fit your small project in and get it done quickly. I don't want to put shop rates into the thread, but i don't think you'll find a better one. Also there fabrication experience gets stuff done alot quicker which saves labor costs.
      Robert Braga
      1969 Camaro LS2/T56 D1SC
      www.automotivedesigneng.com
      US Collision / Mortenson's Custom Touch / DPE Wheel / Tim Bruning / Columbia Parts Company

i do fab/paint work. nw phx az, you can see my work at iigw.org or here on protouring https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...t=45329&page=3
      ...life is too short, live for today, tomorrow isn't guaranteed

In the Modesto/Central Valley area definitely go to BRE Rods and Classics: http://brerods.com/Home_Page.html
      Jim Brown is the shop Manager, tell him Chris Ronson sent you
      Chris Ronson

-1967 Camaro SS
      -1966 LeMans - Project "Last Breath" (breaking ground 2017)

I do not recommend Calspeed&performance in Bakersfield unless you like shops that install used parts on your car without telling you. Jim at calspeed is a real nice used car salesman but he needs to go back to school when it comes to tuning LS engines.

Little People Custom inc. (LPC) In Ventura CA

www.littlepeoplecustoms.com

2459 Palma Dr. Unit B
      Ventura CA 93003
      (805)290-5585

LPC is a true one stop shop check out the Facebook pace there's pics of curnt builds and completed cars

Dyno Tuning Shop in San Fernando Valley Los Angeles area

hello Pro-Touring guys

I am the owner & operator of HK Motorsports Dyno Shop in van nuys san fernando valley, we offer dyno tuning services mostly to pro touring & muscle cars,but call 818 908-9650 or stop by to inquire for your cars needs.

http://www.hkmotorsportsdynoshop.com/
      http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...9,3.515625&z=8

Hey...I am looking to do a pro touring mod on my 67 Camaro (ex drag car, 383 stroker - 470HP 480 Torque and drag upgrades for fuel and suspension) and looking for a good shop for the work here in Scottsdale or Phoenix. Any suggestions? Looking to go with full suspension upgrade, AC, surcharger and other fun stuff. Trying to decide who can do this and not worry about it...Any suggestions would be welcome!

Sure shot customs
      2917 agua Fria st
      Santa fe nm 505-474-5800

The only pro touring shop in new Mexico
      Fab work chassis work sheet metal etc
      Have tons of projects for sale too camaros,novas, chevelles
      Sure Shot Customs Santa fe NM

so surprised with so many shops opening, moving on etc that this thread does not get more input. With this thread being fed, lots of questions about who can I go to do x and x to my car here in NorCal could be removed from other forums.

Livermore, CA
      American:
      1966 Chevelle SS "Tribute" Retro / Pro-Tour
      For Sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com