Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Regional Shops

Country Flag: United States

Regional Shops

Here's where we want you to post the shops you recommend or don’t recommend in your region. Please post info about where the shop is, who to contact there, and why you would or wouldn’t recommend it.

Think of all the vendors you’ve come to know in your area, Body shops, painters, interior shops, fabrication shops, powder coaters, chrome shops, junk yards that specialize in our type cars etc.

Thanks!
      Tony Langlois
      1966 Corvair Monza

I would personally recommend some friends of mine. Their names are Robert & Lesa Spradley. They own and operate a Novus Auto Glass business in Lincolnton, NC. They also offer classic restorations, automotive wiring, aftermarket AC installation, custom fabrication, and more. You can reach them at 704-214-4115.

I have known the Spradley's for over 10 years now and I've seen several vehicles that Robert and Lesa have owned and built that were top-notch. Robert has done TPI swaps, LT1 swaps, T56 swaps, etc. He has the knowledge and experience to perform stock and custom mechanical work, autobody, paint, electrical, and can also point you in the right direction for anything that he can't personally do. They're good honest people.
      '67 el camino ...... it's finally in the garage after 9 years of sitting and the engine build is underway!!!

David Sloan (dtouring on this site) owns www.roadkillerkustoms in Canton. Paint and body (they did paint and body on II Much), ground up resto, modifications, fabrication, etc. Excellent work at reasonable prices and they specialize in pro-touring. Plus they're good folks!

I will Second Road Killer Kustoms...

Great shop and real easy to work with. He has brought my Chevy II back from the dead. If you need to see any pics - I will gladly provide.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan66ss
      Great shop and real easy to work with. He has brought my Chevy II back from the dead. If you need to see any pics - I will gladly provide.

Alan
      Yeah, but who can trust you?!? You do happen to be right THIS time!

um... please no internal beef in here guys..

lest you splain and i can get the popcorn ready.. hhahahahah

hmmmmm

Jim,

Trust me? Hey did you get a second date with the nice young lady you were with the other day? Good money says no.

Alan

See ya in a couple of weeks. Ordered up the rearend and had it shipped to Davids.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan66ss
      Jim,

Trust me? Hey did you get a second date with the nice young lady you were with the other day? Good money says no.

Alan

See ya in a couple of weeks. Ordered up the rearend and had it shipped to Davids.
      Well, that wasn't really a first date, so technically no. However, Bob asked me to go with him to a car collection open house and she went with me.

You're welcome to check out our website at eurotechiii.com .
      We specialize in european repair, detailing, paint, and body.

Of course we also do full restoration on the classics and any of our other services are available also. Our personal favorite is performance upgrades of course and we have the experiance to help others in that department.
      I'm Justin Rozs and i approve this message.

I had my car done at "The Classic Chassis" Fayetteville, NC. What an ABORTION! Do not go there!!!! The owner talked a great show, the website looks good, but that's about it. I left my car there for 7 months and got back a car with a bad paint job and horrible body/panel work. I've got the car in another shop now and it's costing me twice as much to reverse the BS work that Classc Chassis did. What an idiot!
      1970 SS Camaro, 502 RamJet, TKO600 Tremec, 3.91 Moser 12 bolt/Detroit Tru-Trac, C5/Z06 Brakes.

The Hot Rod Shop in Forest City,NC

We do ground up frame off restorations on classic and muscle cars,fab work,hang sheetmetal,suspensions,and show quality body and paint work, will work on all vehicles but specialize in camaros.
      small shop,great work,

[email protected]
      828-289-6628
      Mark Dorsey

Looking for Pontiac Engine Builder in North Atlanta

Does anyone have a recommendation for an engine builder-tuner in the Atlanta area, preferably north? I have to believe there is a reputable one near Braselton. I would like someone that knows Pontiac motors.

The subject is a stock 1970 YS block 400 with number 13 heads. My goals are at least 400 HP, and 500 lb ft of torque at the rear wheels. The motor is currently stock.

Thanks
      Mark Z.
      1968 Firebird
      2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
      2014 BMW X5 Turbo V8, AWD Highway Cruiser
      1970 Firebird Formula 400 (Gone but never forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyman View Post
      Does anyone have a recommendation for an engine builder-tuner in the Atlanta area, preferably north? I have to believe there is a reputable one near Braselton. I would like someone that knows Pontiac motors.

The subject is a stock 1970 YS block 400 with number 13 heads. My goals are at least 400 HP, and 500 lb ft of torque at the rear wheels. The motor is currently stock.

Thanks
      T&L engine develope.they do great work.it does take a little while.I sugggest a written contract on time .very detailed in everthing they do ,just over extended.
      They are on the web

David

Tony,
      How about some pic's of your car!??... Seriously!

i used B-rods or Custom to get some stuff done on my duster a couple years ago. THEY SUCK! talk a good talk,but unless you are building a six figure car,they will treat yours like a POS!

drive it like you stole it!
      1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig
      1975 AMC matador coupe-long term project

here in the dfw area of Tx i would suggest Texas Racewerks they know what they are doing they are a chassis shop they build all out drag cars to your everyday drivers and performance shop they can handle your needs
      i know for sure the guy that does the ls swaps there has done a several ls swaps in all types of cars
      the chassis guy is a bad ass what he does as well all around a very good shop and prices are very reasonable
      69 camaro ls3 t56 swap
      72 impala ls3 4l60 e swap
      2003 350z ls3 t56 swap
      1983 gmc 1500 ls based 5.3 swap
      they have built numerous pro mods 10.5 cars
      thats just to name a few
      Texas Racewerks
      817-377-2790
      3700 Reagan Dr. Bldg b
      FortWorth Tx 76116

tomspo, I got screwed by them as well and I know of about 8 others that have had problems with the Classic Chassis and Brian Clark. Last I heard they are bankrupt and were living off of the deposits on the new cars coming in, ie no money to finish previous paid for jobs. Quite a few folks are out some big time cash.

Anyone looking for good quality machine work, and custom engine builds (non-LS), call Kyle at Chastain Engines in Jonesboro Ga (770) 478-7780. He's especially good with Pontiac engines.

I own a full service shop in Acworth, GA, and we do anything from stock restorations to full-custom rebuilds. Check out our website for more info.
      Joe Hinds

Quote Originally Posted by tomspo04 View Post
      I had my car done at "The Classic Chassis" Fayetteville, NC. What an ABORTION! Do not go there!!!! The owner talked a great show, the website looks good, but that's about it. I left my car there for 7 months and got back a car with a bad paint job and horrible body/panel work. I've got the car in another shop now and it's costing me twice as much to reverse the BS work that Classc Chassis did. What an idiot!
      Is that the shop right off the square in downtown?

EDIT: nope, it isn't.
      Kurt Mcmanus
      95 Caprice Wagon w/ 234,000+ miles DD! Original 4L60 still hanging on...

http://chiltonmusic.com/ Me:http://myspace.com/thebassplaya34
      Co mod in Wheel & Tire section of impalassforum.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com