Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Regional Shops

Country Flag: United States
      Stark Performance in Cross Plains TN is kind of out of the way but Stark himself is a standup guy who cleaned up the mess someone else had created. Carpenter's Upholstery near Murfreesboro TN is run by another stand up guy with great prices and good work on interiors and convertible tops. Neither of these places are super convenient compared to some other shops, but I guess that keeps the overhead low. I plan to go back to both places in the future if I run out of time and can't finish the car myself before I start school.
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Just thought I'd chime in about a great performance suspension company located in Tampa FL.... We are always excited to meet any of the members that take a road trip to our shop!

Regional Shops

Street and strip performance in louisville ky. 502-969-1500. Great guys, good prices. I highly recommend them.

Anybody have any recommendations for body work near Memphis, TN? I have a Challenger that needs a few things.

Hotrod Revolution in cumming Georgia is a SCAM!! deal with them at your own risk!! i lost 7500$ dealing with them and ive met a cpl people with the same story

I'll plug MY shop, the one I OWN an operate, just so everyone that reads this understands. We are 3 GUYS GARAGE, located in Garden City, GA, we have associations with several other shops in the area for paint, body and interior which we don't do. Our reputation can be found on the web and specifically at Angie's List. We have been fortunate to have worked on cars valued at upwards of a million dollars, an original 64 Shelby Cobra for one, as well as several other antique and classic cars. We do the tuning and work to my 2009 Z06, too. We don't claim to do it all, but I know enough people that are reputable to help you get what you are after. One in particular is David Kuhn Restorations. A real high end restoration/modification shop. Check them out yourself. We support the hobby through car show sponsorships, and we sometimes sponsor individual cars in SCCA events. our current projects include a 65 Malibu SS, a 69 Nova ls swap, 67 Firebird ls swap, and a 66 big block corvette.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Welch View Post
      I'll plug MY shop, the one I OWN an operate, just so everyone that reads this understands. We are 3 GUYS GARAGE, located in Garden City, GA, we have associations with several other shops in the area for paint, body and interior which we don't do. Our reputation can be found on the web and specifically at Angie's List. We have been fortunate to have worked on cars valued at upwards of a million dollars, an original 64 Shelby Cobra for one, as well as several other antique and classic cars. We do the tuning and work to my 2009 Z06, too. We don't claim to do it all, but I know enough people that are reputable to help you get what you are after. One in particular is David Kuhn Restorations. A real high end restoration/modification shop. Check them out yourself. We support the hobby through car show sponsorships, and we sometimes sponsor individual cars in SCCA events. our current projects include a 65 Malibu SS, a 69 Nova ls swap, 67 Firebird ls swap, and a 66 big block corvette.
      Man I need to come check out your shop one day. I work 5 mins from your shop. I always see cool cars there.

Screaming Performance in Titusville, FL is a stand up shop that basically does everything. I highly recommend them if you are in the area.
      1967 Camaro RS/SS - Project "Skunkworks" in Progress...

come by any time, be glad to show you around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Welch View Post
      come by any time, be glad to show you around.
      Cool I am off on Monday I will swing by then. Is your name tom?

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, yes my name is Tom, Stop by anytime.

Country Flag: Bahamas
      Kota Kars Speed & emgineering,LLC wiring, mechanicals and chassis/suspension woodstock GA 4046730148

Any other input for the SE, finally getting back to my project and want to find a good shop. Need suspension, metal fab, wiring, paint / body, performance LS upgrades so just about everything, ha. I’m located near Panama City, FL but willing to travel.

69 Camaro L76/6L80E swap

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid 69 View Post
      Any other input for the SE, finally getting back to my project and want to find a good shop. Need suspension, metal fab, wiring, paint / body, performance LS upgrades so just about everything, ha. I’m located near Panama City, FL but willing to travel.

Greg Tope , owner of Retired Rides in Pelham Alabama just south of Birmingham. Great guy
      impeccable quality standards. Awesome builds

http://www.retiredrides.com/

D and D Specialty Cars Van Buren Arkansas.
      Dale and Stacy Downs own it. Many many deep pocket customs in there shop. I only had them do some sheet metal such as custom hood vents I purchased on PTF from Frank V. Everything else was strip car, repair rust around windshields front and back, and the paint job.
      I personally did the floor , frame rails, mini tub, and trunk floor. I also Installed my speedtech front and rear along with roll cage etc before going to D and D.
      Although with any shop you could nitpick or complain of this or that. They are a good shop with very high standards. I think I had no idea going in the cost. And when I saw what I thought was poor systematic approach or organization costing me I was disgruntled. But in there defense they are used to people dropping off there ride with a very very deep pocket and picking up it completed. I was trying to do all I could myself to save cost.
      Like many of you starting expecting to build a car for X budget, 100k 150k or whatever. ( I started with a car I had 50 in and thought another 75 would do it.) Not even close. Live and Learn.
      My own not having a well executed plan and list on the front was my own doing.
      They did an OUTSTANDING job on metal work and paint work.
      My biggest complaint was items like them stripping the car at significant cost when you could media blast for a fraction of the cost. Only reason I say that is I am a water tower construction business and and we abrasive blast everything so I can speak from personal experience.
      Or when they stripped and blasted the car they didn't do the inside of the doors. ( I should have had the written plan) Or rear quarters which I sanded down and coated when I got it home.
      Again I don't believe I communicated exactly what I expected and they weren't used to a guy not just going all the way but stopping them at certain points saying this is good enough or let's cut here or there whatever.
      The shop owner told me on the front end he doesn't like to media blast cars except for door jambs and windshield channels and hard to strip areas because of warping and sand everywhere but that he would go as little or as far as I wanted to go with the building. And they do allow you to hit it hard for a month or two and take a break financially before getting back on it.
      The stripping just cost about 5 times what I expected. ( Like 13 or 14 grand) . They even stripped the back side of fenders and hoods and valances, stuff you could abrasive blast far cheaper. Again not the shop fault but my lack of knowledge.
      I'm staying all of this not to bash D and D any way at all.
      PLEASE HEAR ME! I'm saying all this to praise them for attention to detail, and that there methods of thoroughly doing every little phase has got them where they are today and that for all of you going in on the front end just make a list of wants, NEEDS expectations, BUDGET and then quiz the shop extensively and write those answers of communication down and STICK to your plan. After those interviews WRITE your plan down and give to the shop and then you both communicate and modify as time goes on.
      I DIDN'T DO THIS. I communicated with them via phone, text, email, and we never had any disagreements what so ever I just didn't have a well thought, well written plan.
      I see now how important that is.
      Scope CREEP. Is everyone's enemy on these car builds.
      This shop won't give you an estimated price but only charges 50.00 per hour Labor plus Parts. Very cheap as far as hourly rates are concerned.
      Shop is VERY clean and organized. From chassis, wiring, custom leather, flush mount, build you headers, whatever they are very capable.
      . I've been to several LS fests. Many car shows, auction, etc. I've seen very few builds that top the quality of D and D Specialty.
      D and D Specialty Cars Van Buren Arkansas to 479-474-1114.
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Looking for Paint and Body shop

Realized this is "southern states" part of regional shops. I will move to more appropriate thread

I have a few projects that I want to work through and just don't have the time to do body and paint right now. I am in Northern CA, looking for a body shop recommendation in the N. CA, Southern OR, Reno NV area. I don't mind traveling a bit for a good shop.

Thanks,
      -Jeremie
      Last edited by Gonzostyle; 02-02-2022 at 05:51 PM. Reason: I am old and confused easily....

These guys are working on my paint in Spartanburg SC right now: https://elitecustoms.net/

Open door policy and have built a few show quality cars over the years. They work several projects simultaneously and I see progress every time I stop by. Not cheap.

Wicked Fabrications Auburn Wa. The look like they do quality work but quoted me 9-15k to put in a full ridetech shockwave system…. I’m guessing they just didn’t want to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com