Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by motorheadmike
      Basic comprehension and situational awareness seem to escape your educational prowess; that is 14 months between replies by other members if you couldn't figure it out. See above.
      LOL!!!! Mike. You're one funny guy. It's almost like we should start a new thread because it's obvious people are getting confused. They don't realize they hopped into the "WayBack Machine" and you've been here for years.

Bad@$$ car!

Tony Huntimer
      RaceHome.com
      @Camaro.Family Camaros
      1967 #QuickChangeCamaro - SpeedTech Suspension LS1/T56
      1967 #CFBee - SpeedTech Suspension SuperCharged LS3/T56
      1969 #TaxReturnCamaro Art Morrison Suspension 496/T56
      1986 #IROCdaily - Stock IROC

I'll jump in on the resurrected post from the past...

I'm just a little curious about you motroheadmike, you said in a recent post "I can claim this because: I have a Design degree and spin my own wrenches (Hell, people write me cheques to service their cars). As indicated by the scars on my hands and dirt under my finger nails."

But in your "Blog" you mention this:

Thursday, May 31, 2007
      Houston..We've got camber!

Yes it's true. The beast finally has significant negative camber at it's disposal. I installed the camber bolt kit last night. Without an impact wrench, all I can say about the experience; PAINFUL. It really sucks not having a decent compliment of proper tools.

I wonder what kind of super car guy that "spins" his own wrenches AND "gets cheques to service their cars" doesn't even own an impact wrench? ...or a "decent compliment of proper tools"? I hope you have since picked some up.

Perhaps I misunderstood what you were saying in your "Blog"

Also looks like you took your car to an alignment shop, and had someone look at your carb because of fuel starvation problems. Seems to me that by your standards (:bsjerk that's a no-no.

...Your car looks great. I'm not very excited about the interior though. ...or your attitude. Just bad form. Are you French Canadian by chance?

...My 2¢

Attitude

or just French ?

1972 Buick Skylark Coupe Pro-Touring (of course!)
      1968 Pontiac Catalina Station Wagon
      1971 El Camino SOLD
      1978 Dodge B200 Tradesman Maxivan ShaggyVan

Hey Mike, let me ask you this.

Do you think that Michelangelo, Donatello, Ghiberti, Botticelli and DaVinci could have produced their art on their own?

Nope. They'd have never done what they did without patronage from the Medici and The Roman Catholic Church.

It's a simple analogy. Patrons such as Bob Johnson and the folks that pay artists such as DSE the Ring Bros and even our own Jake and Nelson allow those artists the funding with which to innovate.

Were the Medici artists. No. You could make the argument though that they were visionaries of the highest order. In any case, without them, and in turn without the Bob Johnson's of our world a whole lot of art would be mere fantasy rather than reality.

Embrace it. Let someone else's cash fund the R&D that allowed for the development of your LPG system. Use what you like on your car, leave out what you don't like. But don't begrudge the patrons the credit for their role in the process.

Or, look at it from this angle:

My wife and I recently completed building a home. Just appraised at $1.7M (around here, not that big a deal). The floorplan was my idea, I picked out the appliances, the stonework and tile in two of the bathrooms and the paint on the outside and two of the bedrooms. My wife designed the kitchen cabinets and picked the countertops in the kitchen and master bath and the paint in the kitchen, living room and master bath/bedroom. I had a hand in nearly every bit of it but I didn't build a bit of it myself. Is it any less my house because I paid someone else to drive the nails?
      Last edited by Damn True; 06-11-2008 at 12:47 AM.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by tiek1011
      But in your "Blog" you mention this:

Thursday, May 31, 2007
      Houston..We've got camber!

Yes it's true. The beast finally has significant negative camber at it's disposal. I installed the camber bolt kit last night. Without an impact wrench, all I can say about the experience; PAINFUL. It really sucks not having a decent compliment of proper tools.

I was confused for a moment because on the 31st of May 2007 I was in Gagetown, New Brunswick on my Infantry Platoon Commander's course.

So I dropped that quote into Google and it came up as Ray Vachon, a member of the Toronto F-Body Motorsports club (of which I am a member); he wrote that.

Perhaps I misunderstood what you were saying in your "Blog"
      Blog? I don't have a blog.

I'm not very excited about the interior though. ...or your attitude. Just bad form. Are you French Canadian by chance?
      The interior is a work in progress; my attitude isn't. French Canadian, no. Canadian Forces, yes.

Lastly, if you didn't figure it out already:
      ...My 2¢
      Last edited by Damn True; 06-11-2008 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Overly inflamatory
      1987 Monte Carlo Super Slow - Super Worn Out 355, Carb, Giggle Juice, 3" Duals, 200-4R & 4.56s
      1987 Turtle Buick - T63e, 83s, FMIC, MPE DP, PowerLogger, MAFT Pro, 4" Single, ProPain & 3.08s
      2002 Crapmaro B4C - LS1, A4, SLP Lid, DiabloSport, Cutout & 3.23s
      2007 TrailBlazer Super Slug - LS2, A4, AWD, Tune, CAI, Exhaust & 4.11s

If you didn't build it, it's not yours.

Mike,

I am going to edit your post.

True
      True T.

My blog

I am not going to touch of Big Religion and the propaganda of their "art" or the dirty money that funded it, or the politics behind the men forced to produce it.

Commissioning art is not making art. The art is always the artists, even if someone else has possesion of it. Whether or not an artist is commissioned to produced a great work of art is irrelevant, he/she would still be an artist at the end of the day. And, the guy with the money? He is still a tool without talent or vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Damn True
      My wife and I recently completed building a home. Just appraised at $1.7M (around here, not that big a deal). The floorplan was my idea, I picked out the appliances, the stonework and tile in two of the bathrooms and the paint on the outside and two of the bedrooms. My wife designed the kitchen cabinets and picked the countertops in the kitchen and master bath and the paint in the kitchen, living room and master bath/bedroom. I had a hand in nearly every bit of it but I didn't build a bit of it myself. Is it any less my house because I paid someone else to drive the nails?
      Buds, that sounds like my Monday morning.

If you drove nails with friends and family it is definitely yours. Hell, if you took the time to drive even a SINGLE structural nail into that house and broke a sweat in the process, I'd call it yours. If you paid someone else to do it all for you, where all you did was pick colours, cabinets and appliances it is not yours as a piece of art, it is mearly your possession.
      1987 Monte Carlo Super Slow - Super Worn Out 355, Carb, Giggle Juice, 3" Duals, 200-4R & 4.56s
      1987 Turtle Buick - T63e, 83s, FMIC, MPE DP, PowerLogger, MAFT Pro, 4" Single, ProPain & 3.08s

Quote Originally Posted by Damn True
      Mike,

I am going to edit your post.

True
      Well isn't that a super bit of censorship. Thanks for taking the teeth away from my post in order to protect the membership from a few harsh words. Especially in a response to a character assassination attempt.

Glad to see we are all adults here.

We are all entitled to our opinions. And many opinions have been offered. Which were a lot of fun, and we thank you. You've provided a valuble service to the great people of Pro-Touring.com.

The original intent of this thread was for Mike to introduce himself. He's done that...he's ruffled some feathers (and who doesn't love ruffeled feathers? I can't get enough of them personally).

Unfortunately this wonderful little thread which brought a lot of happiness to a lot of people has crossed over into the area of complete and total stupidity.

It is with great sadness that I now must pull the plunger and allow the flow of electricity to mercifully fry what's left of it's feeble and simple life.

Go in peace my little welcoming thread. It's off to the great message board forum in the sky. Fly away....fly away.
      Last edited by trapin; 06-11-2008 at 08:25 AM.
      1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

Wow, this thread is full of ego and "I'm better than you" attitudes.. pretty sad really.
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

I am not going to touch of Big Religion and the propaganda of their "art" or the dirty money that funded it, or the politics behind the men forced to produce it.

Commissioning art is not making art. The art is always the artists, even if someone else has possesion of it. Whether or not an artist is commissioned to produced a great work of art is irrelevant, he/she would still be an artist at the end of the day. And, the guy with the money? He is still a tool without talent or vision.
      There are literally thousands of examples that would disprove your logic here. Just one:

The David might have been created without the Medici. But not likely, there is no way Michaelangelo could have funded it on his own. The marble alone cost il Arte della Lana (the visionaries behind the original concept....not Michelangelo) nearly three years of their budget. So much in fact that they could scarcely pay the original artist (Antonio Rossolinio) to do it. He folded and the marble sat idle for nearly 50 years until the Medici put Michelangelo on the job to finish it.
      Further, the David would have been destroyed as a result of it's vulgarity had it not been funded by the Medici who were infuential enough to ensure it's protection.

Simply stated, without the Medici and the Church most of the aforementioned artists would have been relegated to the period version of the local art/wine festival and they'd never have had the money to persue their really creative or ground breaking endavors. It takes money to make art. Someone has to put a roof over the head of the guy doing the work until it's done.

In modern terms. The Ring Bros and Chip Foose would be backyard builders with no money and no finished cars without the coin from those "evil, bad, poser checkbook hot-rodders".

Buds, that sounds like my Monday morning.

If you drove nails with friends and family it is definitely yours. Hell, if you took the time to drive even a SINGLE structural nail into that house and broke a sweat in the process, I'd call it yours. If you paid someone else to do it all for you, where all you did was pick colours, cabinets and appliances it is not yours as a piece of art, it is mearly your possession.
      Heads up fellas. None of you really own your homes. My wife is going to be bummed.

So I commission an architect to design a home around the vision my wife and I have. I hire a builder to facilitate that vision. I select and pay for every color, material, and mechanical device in the home. Yet because I didn't pick up a hammer myself it's not really mine. Should I have cast the bathroom fixtures out of brass myself? Felled the trees as well?

Wow. You are really ate up with the whole classism thing aren't you?
      Last edited by Damn True; 06-11-2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: spelling
      True T.

My blog

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com