Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Blown 1979 Z28

Blown 1979 Z28

I use to be on the board sometime back and i think i might have had a couple pics on here, but i figured since im back here now i would get some more up to date pics going on of my baby Spooky. Enjoy!!!

Country Flag: United States
      Nice ride!! Any performance numbers? Is that your truck in the background as well?

Are those the original style seats? Nice ride!!
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Nice job!
      Those look like 4th gen T/A seats and I really like how you put the console in there. That is by far the nicest late 2nd gen I've ever seen.

Ya thats my truck in the background, 2001 Z71 ext cab LT, 9" of lift and 35x12.50's. I had the car chassis dyno'd right after the motor was finished up...with a 4% overdrive pulley and VP C14 we put down 549 to the rear wheels at a hair over 6700 and almost 490 ft. lbs close to 4100. Used up all my dyno time that day tuning on race gas and i haven't went back yet to see what it does on the 1:1 on 93 octane with the timing at 28. But just guessing i would say in the high to mid 400's to the rear wheels on pump gas, at least thats what i hope it would put out.

The seats are late model t/a seats and a little work was done to the headrests. Right now the car's been sitting for a little while because i blew the RTV outta the rear intake end seal area after a nasty blower backfire...killed both the diaphrams on the boosters in the carbs and stretched the blower bolts out and blew the blower manifold gasket in 3 peices. Pretty much was all my fault, missed a 2-3 power shift and hit the chip at 7200..mixture of it cutting spark out and i was running too much timing. Haven't got around to fixing it yet because i've been using all my spare time on the LS1 project.

very nice......I also like that console! sweeeeeet!

oh yeah....nice color truck...mines the same...LOL...
      colt zantop

1968 camaro LS1.......aka......."NJECTED"

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com