Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by arizen
      Larry,

If we do not alter the bottom bolsters the general feeling is 38" waists and up usually feel they are tight. I have a 37" waist and they are ok for me. I was planning on modifying the frame on a set and pitch the bottom bolsters on more of an angle to see if that makes them more comfortable for bigger guys. I will let you know what I find out.
      I asked about selling different seats just because I am size 38 waist and other seats can accomodate me better. If you can do this mod, you can also count me in along with Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Callahan
      It's 2 depending on who makes the pants. lol!
      I find it also depends on "where" you wear your pants. Not everyone seems to locate their waist in the same position - lol
      Mark

Those are my seats

I should be getting them by friday or next monday. As soon as I get them I will give you my honest evaluation. I can tell you now that the customer service has been great! I will post pics once they are installed as well.

Here is what they are going in...

Quote Originally Posted by 4MuscleMachines
      I asked about selling different seats just because I am size 38 waist and other seats can accomodate me better. If you can do this mod, you can also count me in along with Larry.
      We modified the bottom of one seat making it 1" wider. We had quite a few people sit in it up to 42" waists. Everyone seemed to like it but these were people used to sports car seats with side bolsters so that should be kept in mind. I will take pictures of different size people sitting in the seats next week to help people visualize. I look forward to doing business with forum members.
      Mark

Do you have patterns for 2000 camaro or Firebird front seats?

I am looking to get a set of 4th gen fronts and 1969 deluxe rear.

Thanks,
      Chris

btw... any chance of a group purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor1969
      Do you have patterns for 2000 camaro or Firebird front seats?

I am looking to get a set of 4th gen fronts and 1969 deluxe rear.

Thanks,
      Chris

btw... any chance of a group purchase?
      We contract to a factory to sew our covers. They have listed in their patterns:
      1997-02 Trans Am Front - Low Back Buckets w/Adj Headrests and
      1997-02 Camaro Front - High Back Buckets
      and the rears to each car.

We could get pricing for kits for these but most people would need to have them professionally installed. We could consider a group purchase but the down side of offering such aggressive pricing directly to the public is there is not much room for price reductions.
      Mark

The seats came in today

They look better than in the picutures. I find the quality is very good. Actually much better than expected. I think they are better than the Corbeau and Cobra that I looked at for fit and finish. So would I buy these seat again...you bet.

As far as fit, I am 5'11" and 190 and they are perfect. I have a 35 inch waist. I think 38's would fit. Really depends on where you carry your weight. Big belly and smaller butt and legs you would be good. Small up top with a big but and legs may be a little tight...I am speaking of 38 inch waists here.

I will post up some more pics once I get them installed.

We have taken some pictures of a few different people sitting in our wider bottom seat with deeper back bolsters. Hope this helps!

http://www.arizenracingsports.com/InTheSeat.htm
      Mark

Ok, after seeing the plus sized "models", I know I can definitely fit in the widened version. How much extra $$ are they?

Ok, after seeing the plus sized "models", I know I can definitely fit in the widened version. How much extra $$ are they?
      Normally the wider bottom is $40 per set. However, for forum members I will absorb the increase and charge nothing additional. If the new, deeper bolstered back is desired (the standard back will allow you to slide around - but you will be held by the bottom) there would be an $80 increase.
      Mark

Ok not in the market for Camaro seats, but

1) Amazing customer support from the company-extra effort to answer all questions

2) Those modeling pictures are great. At 6Am they just cracked me up. How many beers to get the models to pose

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by ALLFAITH
      Ok not in the market for Camaro seats, but

1) Amazing customer support from the company-extra effort to answer all questions

2) Those modeling pictures are great. At 6Am they just cracked me up. How many beers to get the models to pose

Brad
      None! The beers were pre-installed!
      Mark

Normally the wider bottom is $40 per set. However, for forum members I will absorb the increase and charge nothing additional. If the new, deeper bolstered back is desired (the standard back will allow you to slide around - but you will be held by the bottom) there would be an $80 increase.
      I will take the widened version with the standard back. This is too good of a deal to pass up. I need the seats in white though, not black, but the same center houndstooth. Here is my interior.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

do you have green/black houndstooth pattern?

thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by 6camaro9
      do you have green/black houndstooth pattern?

thanks...
      It is in stock at our supplier. We could have it within a week.
      Mark

Payton,

I need your opinion. We started offering a bottom that is 1" wider for those who prefer it. I am not sure how tight a fit that would be in a first gen Camaro with stock console. If you've installed your seats can you comment on whether an extra inch would fit?

Thanks!
      Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Payton King
      They look better than in the picutures. I find the quality is very good. Actually much better than expected. I think they are better than the Corbeau and Cobra that I looked at for fit and finish. So would I buy these seat again...you bet.

As far as fit, I am 5'11" and 190 and they are perfect. I have a 35 inch waist. I think 38's would fit. Really depends on where you carry your weight. Big belly and smaller butt and legs you would be good. Small up top with a big but and legs may be a little tight...I am speaking of 38 inch waists here.

I will post up some more pics once I get them installed.
      Mark

Here are a couple of pictures of some seats with houndstooth inserts and a rear cover for a 69 Camaro coupe customer of ours. If anyone would like something similar let us know.

Hi, Mark. How much for a set in this color combo (66 chevelle) with the rear covers and the wider buckets? How well will this Pleather match the aftermarket resto kits for door panels, etc? Has anyone compared them?

Thanks,
      Jim

Jim,

It would be $1149 for our wider seats and the replacement rear cover. The houndstooth is getting harder for us to get and once inventory supplies from one previous manufacturer are exhausted we may have to go to SMS Fabrics. Pricing will go up about $150-$200 then.

I do not have any feedback on the vinyl comparison. If somehow I could get a sample of the vinyl I could look into it.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by jwrig
      Hi, Mark. How much for a set in this color combo (66 chevelle) with the rear covers and the wider buckets? How well will this Pleather match the aftermarket resto kits for door panels, etc? Has anyone compared them?

Thanks,
      Jim
      Mark

How "tall" or high are the seats ?
      I'm 6'3" and don't want my head to hit the headliner. Especially if I wear a helmet.
      How do they compare , in height , to stock '69 seats or 3rd gen seats ?

Nevermind , I read the link on the other thread that explained height and suspension system.
      Last edited by JEFFTATE; 03-09-2007 at 08:27 AM.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

O.K..
      I'm ready to order:
      I'm sending you a pm , Mark
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com