Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

New guy w/ a truck

I know I'll probably get beat w/ a stick but I'm here and proud of what I'm working on. So I'm open to suggestions, flames or just roll your eyes and hit the back button.
      I built a very solid 4th gen camaro a few years back that had more suspension tricks than I could ever list and it held its own on track days against Z06's and full on race cars. I'm sure I won't get to that level w/ this truck but its fun trying.
      The truck still needs a stiffer front spring and a better ratio steering box. Most of all it needs some 17/18" rims and better rubber.
      The truck makes 340 to the tires and I plan to try my luck autoXing it in the spring.
      1981 GMC originally a silver 6 cylinder 3spd
      57 Chevy Turquoise
      5" spindle/spring drop in the front w/ bilstein shocks all around
      4" shackle spring drop in the rear
      1.5" front sway bar, 3/4" rear bar
      ES poly mounts anywhere I could use them, cab, control arms, trans
      700r4 w/ lock up (hey, this thing came w/ a turbo 350)
      355 w/ forged pistons, scat crank, 11:1 compression, ported ZZ4 heads, Comp XE274 cam, Comp Magnum rockers, Vic Jr intake, 750 dbl pumper, Flowtech headers/mufflers
      12 bolt rear w/ 3.08 gears(waiting on 3.73s)
      B&M Pro-Stick floor shifter
      73 Camaro 130mph Speedo
      I upgraded the rear brakes to the heavy duty series drums but can't afford a disc conversion just yet and the fronts have stock rotors/calipers w/ PF Z rated pads, it stops as good as the new Dodge Ram I had w/ 4 wheel discs, but its still a long ways off from stopping on a dime.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com