Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms
      I have to be honest. if I had the grandpas money, and I had my grand kids there and they wanted the car, I would buy it to. Looks like the kid is getting the money soon anyway.
      Agreed, that guy didn't look to good ( he should watch his heart after he fires that hemi up)!

72 Chevelle Done!

67' Hell Camino- Under the knife

Some day: Porsche GT3/ C6R inspired 69

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms
      I have to be honest. if I had the grandpas money, and I had my grand kids there and they wanted the car, I would buy it to. Looks like the kid is getting the money soon anyway.
      I thought grandpa early on in the bidding was an ugly grandma. Guess my eyes are going....

I thought that was his young wife and kid? When you're throwing around millions like that, gotta have the trophy wife. Does a car ever sell for more or equal to it's build cost? I'd say not very often. Unless it's something super rare that you restore.
      Jeff Schwartz 815-770-0751
      SchwartzPerformance
      Where classic style meets modern performance.
      455 Commanche Circle
      Harvard IL 60033
      SchwartzPerformance.com | Facebook | Twitter

i dont think kids should even be there..like the jones dude that wears the tennesse hat his kid is always up on stage telling pops what to do..i feel for Bob thought itd go alot higher too..but seems customs arent as sought after..
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

I'd like to go to the auction and just sit in a corner and watch. I have a feeling that a lot of funny business goes on.
      '87 Regal Turbo-T

Click the link to see my Buick

http://www.cardomain.com/id/heater_z

Quote Originally Posted by dropit69
      i dont think kids should even be there..like the jones dude that wears the tennesse hat his kid is always up on stage telling pops what to do..i feel for Bob thought itd go alot higher too..but seems customs arent as sought after..
      Yeah, that guy's son with the Tennesse hat bugs me. He's just taking up space up there.

Im confused at Why he sold it anyway? He just finished it. No way he could have gotten any enjoyment out of it.
      He did blow it up and had clutch and other issues maybe he didnt like it when it was done..
      Nothing says "I built this" better than tool marks and dykem blue..

Follow my 3 link build. https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=61592

No, I think it was a business decision. These things are worth the most when they are fresh and current. I am fairly certai the thought process was to sell it now because it is wirth as much as it will ever be on this day. that may not have paned out, but it seemed to make sense going in. He acheived most of his goals, power tour, SMOY, Major features. And knowing Bob, he has something else on his mind!

WOW...what a disapointment.

Hmmm, what a surprise.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

There were 2 street rods that went really cheap. the blue and silver ones. The one that went for 190,000 was a super nice car with the same drivetrain as the cuda just a crazy nice mod motor, and was a great 8 riddler contender just few years ago. The other one went for 150,000 and was nice just not as nice as the other but was riddler also. Those were worth double or more what they sold for in my opinion.

But a car is only worth what some one is willing to pay for it. if you build it on discovery then it is really worth the big dollars.....Or if the Pratt guy from arizona wants it, cuz he has lots of money in those wranglers....

I don't have the balls to sell my C6-57 there, I would rather drive it down a gravel road, then lose that much money.

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by BA.
      definitely a STEAL at 535k. wow. I'm really SHOCKED!

Not many people bidding on it either......shoulda been more people bidding!
      I'm a bit sad for bob and alan as well.

I was poised to watch it go across at 8:30pm! I got lucky and noticed it going across an HOUR early!
      Not many people bidding. I know how popular this car is on this site; however maybe that tells us that the general public doesn't care that much for the car.

535k a steal - the market VALUE for anything is what the true free market will pay; therefore that was Fair Market Value for the car that day.

P.S. Please don't interpret this as a Slam against Bob. I don't know the man. It is just an objective comment from someone who just wasn't as enamored with the car as much as others on this site.

It seems like the people bidding this time were more interested in ultra rare cars rather than really nice non-original cars. I really thought the Cuda would have brought more also but I guess it wasn't the right crowd.
      1967 Firebird (current project)
      1967 Firebird (unfinished project SOLD)

i dont know what to think to be honest. The Cuda is an amazing car..but i bet the general public thinks it is a lil bit too much. That car is way too much for most people to ever comprehend. Still....over half a million dollars for a car like that....not what it is worth in parts and labor...but thats what it is worth as a completed project. If I put up my car at auction...id get like 6-7K tops...not the 25K I have put in it. This stuff happends.

As i said before you need min of 2 people to like it at an auction and have the money, the trouble with the car is its a 1 off in a style, styles change , years ago everybody with money was buying classic cars in the UK, eg Jag mk1 were fetching $100.000 + in the 80s , took a dump early 90s never recovered pick them up now same condition $30,000 ,should be worth $300.000 + , also I recon he would have done better on ebay , over in the UK we expect to loose money on custom cars and rods, if i deside to sell mine will ship back to the US to sell.

Country Flag: Netherlands
      It's a steal !! But I don't understand there was no reserve on it!?!

Cliff
      1968 Firebird
      Project Cheyenne Pro Performance

Quote Originally Posted by cliff6870
      It's a steal !! But I don't understand there was no reserve on it!?!
      No reserve on anything there. Change that is taken.

I think he did well. Yes he has more into that car than what it sold for but, you have to remember that this car will probably continue to loose a little more value to a certain point. The car had a lot of pub this past year. Once the newness wears off, the car will go down even more. It's hard to find too many guys at these auctions willing to spend that much money on a car where their money is not secure.

could be people were scared at the engineering issues of the car, and were worried it would break all the time

A car that looks like a Hot Wheels is going to have only limited appeal. The crazy fabrication that went into that car is lost on 99.9% of the general public.

Just my $.02

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com