Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Please Help

Hybrid View

Please Help

which company makes the best rear sway bar for the 67-69 camaro and please provide a link as i am shopping and need your help could only find 2 different ones for some reason is that all there is ? thanks much guys

Country Flag: United States
      Copo save you cash. You do not need a rear bar on a first gen. In fact it can hurt cornering by creating too much oversteer. All you need is a good set of rear springs and shocks.
      Brian

i have dse rear springs and the car sways badly.. multi leaf even

Did you replace the shocks with the new springs? How about poly bushings in the rear? Like most things when you upgrade one part it shows the weakness of others.
      Brian

okay brand new dse multi leaf rear springs front aluminium bushings due to slide a link kit rear polly shocks q-a1 adjustable with polly spring pads all new ?

If it is sliding around in the rear, it's most likely because it has too much roll resistance in the rear relative to the front already. Adding a rear sway bar will probably just make it worse. Did you do anything to the front suspension? How big a bar are you running up front? Spring rate up front? What are the tire sizes?
      James
      -1969 Camaro Sport Coupe
      -1996 Z28
      -2005 Silverado
      Webpage

the break down front suspension speed tech deri lume upper and lower q-a1 coil overs 650 rate lbs big block 12.1. steering 1 1/16 front bar on polly front tires are 235/40/18 on 18x8 with 5.0 back spacing subframe connectors rear is dse multi leaf q-a1 adujstable slide a link bars tires 275/40/18 on 18x9.5/5.5 back spacing everything is brand new did i miss anything?

Only thing I can think of is to back of the slide a links and see if that fixes anything. You could have to much preload. I guess maybe I'm confused, do the tires actually break loose in an oversteer condition, or does the back end sway back and forth but the tires stay set?
      James
      -1969 Camaro Sport Coupe
      -1996 Z28
      -2005 Silverado
      Webpage

i have a page up now x44copo.4t.com

Copo you stated you had SFCs. What ones? I tried your site, but it is not very dial-up
      friendly. This could be chassis flex you are feeling.
      Brian

okay you lost me at sfc i am assuming you mean shocks front coil overs q-a1 adjustable from speed tech and sorry my site isnt dial up friendly how can i make it so? im new to comp stuff kinda

oops my bad sub frame connectors sfc cometition engineering bolt ins and then was welded in place with my own rear type connection bracket.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com