Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by ProStreet R/T
      Depends how much you want to cut stuff up... If you're not afraid to get brutal put them up front and hung rather low.

Stuffing some T4's in there is eaaaaaaaasy. When you're working with a pair of T6 frames and 5" down pipes it takes a bit more work. Should make for a fun and rather quick street car though.

Ask me how I know

also ask him why he rips people off for parts he advertises on this site, and never contacts them after cashing their M.O.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=25113

turbo placement

Quote Originally Posted by jonny51
      Here is where we put mine.

This is definetly the best one I've seen in this thread so far. If at all possible you want to try to keeo the turbo's away from the radiator and intercooler. Putting the turbos up front is the easiest way becasue of packaging issues but you are putting a huge amount of heat right next to the intercooler and radoator.

You mentioned you are not trying to go crazy with boost levels. You probably wont need huge hair dryer sized turbos. If at all possible try to locate them towards the back of the engine near the firewall.

You may run into problems with the steering linkage. Honestly if you look at most of the oem twin turbo set ups this usually where they are located. Look at the old Callaway twin turbo corvettes. Anyway its just a thought. I know its probably easier said than done.

Oh yeah one more thing to consider try to make the plumbing to and from the intercooler as short as possible.

Country Flag: United States
      Changing plugs on the Mule is not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Lillard
      Changing plugs on the Mule is not hard.
      If you have the engine on a stand?!? LOL!
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

Yes, I'd much rather take the engine out of my car than get a few minor cuts on my hands.

Matt

LOL...The pic turned out too small but it was supposed to show they are pretty easy to get at. Most of the time you get at them from underneath.

It seems that everyone prefers this location compared to the Banks location- as do I. I considered the Banks location (above the valve covers, parallel with the engine) but having a solid-roller valvetrain and manual clutch caused problems for me. Here's what I built for mine...

The only thing I dont like is how the intake tube from the intercooler to the carb is literally right next to the down tube from the driver's side turbo. I would def wrap the compressor housing and the down tubes. Twin Turbo with a carb???

Quote Originally Posted by maro67
      Twin Turbo with a carb???
      Yup......and make that 2 of us lol :D

'69 Firebird Twin Turbo SBC 400" Blow-through

9.80 @ 141 w/ 1.88 60-ft..... on 17's
      9.21 @ 153 w/ 1.45 60-ft..... on PUMP GAS
      8.60 @ 164 w/ 1.46 60-ft..... on RACE GAS

Quote Originally Posted by maro67
      The only thing I dont like is how the intake tube from the intercooler to the carb is literally right next to the down tube from the driver's side turbo. I would def wrap the compressor housing and the down tubes. Twin Turbo with a carb???
      Totally- carb and twin turbos are actually a pretty slick ticket if you are limited on budget.

I was also concerned at first with the relation of the downpipes and up-pipe. to stifle some of the issue, the up-pipe is ceramic-coated inside and out, then powder coated on the outside. The pipes aren't as close as you'd think (about 3 fingers, gearhead measurment). The real help comes from the Mark VIII fan- that thing blows like a hurricane and the up-pipe is hardly warm to the touch.

There aren't many options in these cars and heat is always an issue. You can really modify the core support, like Hen did, though. Mine overall plumbing won't work like that. I really like the Mule's heat shilds on his up-pipes. I may consider something like that if the heat becomes a real issue, but it hasn't yet.

...now if I could just squeeze in an A/C compressor and lines with the GM serpentine belt system I'd be set!

I want that, lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com