Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Progress.....69 LS1 Camaro

Getting closer.

Been VERY busy juggling a new born baby, work...the holidays...etc. etc. etc.

I bought some salvage cars and have been parting them out for extra $$$ to fund this project. Just about out of parts, so I am back on the car and ordering stuff.

Got the complete a/c system from DSE (vintage air). Got the adapter bracket from BPR for the a/c compressor. Still having to notch the frame a bit...but no worries.

The latest project has been the steering column and headers. You see, I bought a Steeroids BEFORE I knew I was going LS1. The problem is, there are no ready made first gen LS1 headers that take into consideration the Steeroids unit.

So, I got a set of 2000 non-emission Z28 headers. The passenger header fit PERFECT! The driver header is a mess. I hacked out three of the tubes. I will have a local speed shop reconnect them to clear the steering shaft.

I installed a 1981 Vette tilt/tele column. I shortened it about 2" so that the outer housing sits BEHIND my super smoothed firewall. I am now closing in the firewall so there is only about a 1" hole and bezel for just the SHAFT to clear.

Well, that's about it for now. I will upload more pics to my site eventually.

Chris McDonald

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com