Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Nova headache

Nova headache

I have a 70 nova with air, i have searched this forum and was unable to find any information if i can take out the air unit and use a non a/c heater cover inorder to coverthe hole in the engine bay. I dont want to use the heater or defroster, also i cant afford to take the engine out to smooth out the firewall at this point(car is at a friends shop that is lacking space) and i can get the non- a/c cover fairly easily. Any help would be very appreciated.

my understanding is that they are different, and that the stock heater cover will not completely cover the a/c opening. Hopefully someone else can confirm this?

Country Flag: United States
      The holes are totally different and the heater cover will not work for the A/C hole. Do you still want the heater to blow? If not then just cut an oversive plate, drill 4 holes to match the holes in the firewall and bolt in (I would actually add a few holes and rivet). If you do want the heater to work I know there is a company that makes an adapter cover but I can't remember who.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

Country Flag: United States
      American Graffiti Magic Box, but installation requires fender removal. If you don't care about air movement then just cover the hole with sheet metal.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

thanks guys i think i am just going to have o bite the bullet and take the engine out to smooth out the firewall.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com