Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

1969 Firebird: Twin Turbo Butler 482”

Well, it's been almost ten years since I last posted. Poor car got mothballed after a disruption with the local hot rod builder. Then the economy tanked and so the car has sat. A good friend told me about a Firebird built by BBT Fabrications in Illinois a couple of years ago and after a few phone calls to Troy Gudgel the owner we decided to get the ball rolling again. He has a great team and fully understands what it takes to build a world class vehicle. I have been very impressed with their work and look forward to seeing the car completed.

First image in orange was the car when I purchased it off eBay in the mid 2000’s before stripping it down. The second how it sits now.

What we had done twelve or thirteen years ago ended up being fully scrapped aside from the original sheet metal, of which little was/is left. It's a tough lesson to learn but sometimes you just don't get what you pay for. So... we yanked all the work done all those years ago and started over from scratch. I believe now the car will get finished and more importantly be safe. We are building this car to run north of 200 MPH and drive with nice manners.

Current Build Status:
      Builder: BBT Fabrications, Mahomet, Illinois
      Roadster shop IRS chassis
      RS Gear T-56 (Tranzilla) six speed transmission
      Butler Performance 482" aluminum Pontiac engine, Quillen Motorsports turbo spec and tune
      Side exiting exhaust
      Lots of cool fabrication work throughout.
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Last edited by andrewb70; 02-25-2016 at 09:03 AM. Reason: new update
      Burn em’ while we have em’. Fossil fuels and rubber tires till the end!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com