Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Do i need to lower compression for Vortec supercharger?

355 with flat top forged pistons, 0 decked.. Dart pro 1 heads (64cc) Estimated compression is 10.2-1

Can i run this compression with the vortec supercharger if i run a air to air intercooler??

I want to make 600-700hp!! Not really concerned about lower end of engine as if it blows it goes!

Current intake is a Dart COOL CAN.. identical to air gap intake!

Current carb is Demon 750 DP!
      Project JUST-N-SANE

84' Camaro Z-28, 355CID,9.0-1 compression, ATI procharger 9psi (over 650HP),T56 6 speed, 3.73 Motive gears! 11.70 at 122mph in the 1/4 while babying the throttle to keep the tires hooked ,with pump gas! (NOW INTERCOOLED)

With the supercharger you are looking to get around 9 to 1 or 8.5 to 1.
      Hopefully Jody steps in he knows alot, I know just the surface.

Brad
      PS where in killerwisconsin are you

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by WELTERRACER
      355 with flat top forged pistons, 0 decked.. Dart pro 1 heads (64cc) Estimated compression is 10.2-1

Can i run this compression with the vortec supercharger if i run a air to air intercooler??

I want to make 600-700hp!! Not really concerned about lower end of engine as if it blows it goes!

Current intake is a Dart COOL CAN.. identical to air gap intake!

Current carb is Demon 750 DP!

If it's a true 10.2:1 compression it's too high to run a lot of boost even with an intercooler, but you could probably get away with 8 psi or so which would be good for about a 50% increase in power. So depending on the power you have now it may meet your goals. Be much better to get it down to 9:1 or so and turn the boost up; it will make alot more power safer that way.

Jody

i WAS THINKING OF PULLING THE HEADS AND INSTALLING THICKER HEADGASKETS TO LOWER THE COMPRESSION .5-1.0 POINT!

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THICK OF HEAD GASKET I WOULD HAVE TO GO?
      Project JUST-N-SANE

84' Camaro Z-28, 355CID,9.0-1 compression, ATI procharger 9psi (over 650HP),T56 6 speed, 3.73 Motive gears! 11.70 at 122mph in the 1/4 while babying the throttle to keep the tires hooked ,with pump gas! (NOW INTERCOOLED)

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by WELTERRACER
      i WAS THINKING OF PULLING THE HEADS AND INSTALLING THICKER HEADGASKETS TO LOWER THE COMPRESSION .5-1.0 POINT!

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THICK OF HEAD GASKET I WOULD HAVE TO GO?
      How thick are the current gaskets? Problem may be that the quench will go out the window and may be more prone to detonate even though the compression is lower.

Jody

THE Gaskets currently in the car are stock repacement gaskets from felpro! Im guessing in the .050-.055 range
      Project JUST-N-SANE

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com