Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: On TV tonight

On TV tonight

Dear Industry Professional:
      Set your Tivo for Tuesday, Dec. 5, 8-10 p.m., as The Learning Channel (TLC) kicks off two hours of SEMA programming. With host Steve Watson featuring highlights and interviews from the Show floor, TLC will celebrate the industry's great products, personalities and technology with "SEMA - The World's Greatest Car Show" at 8 p.m.
      Then at 9, it's a one-hour Overhaulin', featuring Chip Foose and his crew building their third annual SEMA Show project.
      The two-hour block repeats later that evening at midnight. For more SEMA coverage, visit TLC's website at www.turbo.com.
      Sincerely,
      Peter MacGillivray
      SEMA VP, Marketing and Communications

Country Flag: United States
      I got that email too! I will TIVO that.....
      Brad
      68 Camaro - Procharged LQ4 coming - Currie 9" narrowed, bagged, lays frame, BMW projector HID's LED tails, 18"s, lexus center console, seat warmers, A/C... Mini-tubbing in progress!!

07 BMW 750li -loaded

I also got the e-mail.
      I just can't understand why SEMA wants all this media exposure and bill it as "The World's Greatest Car Show", but yet turn the public down if they want to go see it.

Robert Braga
      1969 Camaro LS2/T56 D1SC
      www.automotivedesigneng.com
      US Collision / Mortenson's Custom Touch / DPE Wheel / Tim Bruning / Columbia Parts Company

Quote Originally Posted by 96Z28SS
      I also got the e-mail.
      I just can't understand why SEMA wants all this media exposure and bill it as "The World's Greatest Car Show", but yet turn the public down if they want to go see it.
      Because maybe this will be people's only opportunity to see this show.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigMorrison
      Because maybe this will be people's only opportunity to see this show.
      You did a good job on TV Craig.

The host just seemed to be way out of place, wasn't he the host of Monster House? he is a carpenter, it looked like he was struggling, he didn't know what to say or ask.

I think it will make more people want to come to the show. Saying its the Worlds greatest car show sure does make it more enticing to want to go.
      Robert Braga
      1969 Camaro LS2/T56 D1SC
      www.automotivedesigneng.com
      US Collision / Mortenson's Custom Touch / DPE Wheel / Tim Bruning / Columbia Parts Company

I know I would love to go.

Two years ago my girlfriend went to Vegas with her friend, which just happened to be when SEMA was going on. So she gets back and has all these stories, turns out her friend knew someone big with a parts supplier. ( what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas ) To this day I don't know which company it was, but they were wined and dined on company cards for the three days they were there.

" and we met Jay Leno, and saw Ben Aflec, and oh yeah this car thingy and that car thingy "

It drove me nuts!
      Matt

Current project: " Chain Reaction "

A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com