Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

want to clone Mule rollbar need suggestions

anyone have pics of the Mules rollbar? can one be built this nice with a kit like SW? any suggestions? or recomendations what not to put in a street car ? I want added stiffness but also comfort -im 6-2 and access will be a primary consideration . Does not need to be NHRA legal .any pics or suggestions will be appreciated and considered dont want to have regrets later Thanks

just dont use door bars

as far as i know thats just a standard 10 point minus the door bars, some one corect me if im wrong.

The DSE rollbar looks like the mules'. Fits real tight but pricy.

z, take a look at these pics ...there are a few on page 2 and 3 that might help...

The Mule has a basic 8 point cage. The way Mark installed the front down bars threw the dash will give you a lot of needed leg room and looks good doing it. Also he installed the main hoop at an angle to line it up with the rear quarter window trim...I also did this and am very pleased with the outcome....very clean!! He didn't use any side bars either...don't know why...but in your case it dosen't sound like you really need them or want them in your way?

I don't think a kit would get this exact look as most are designed to fit well inside the interior and the Mule's fits very tight and the front bars go into the dash...a kit's front bars go down in front of the dash so they are not bent at the correct angle and probably not long enough to go threw the dash.

One thing you could do is buy an Art Morrison cage kit, I have a AME 4 point bar and love how tight the main hoop fits, and have a shop bend up custom front bars that go threw the dash...and walla your good to go!!

Hope this helps!!
      Tony

mule roll bar

thanks for info and links!! i looked at DSE and I dont find a roll bar? mule link was good i have looked and looked for something like this , no side bars? i was figuring on "fatman" side bars that bend down so its easier access the car , any idea how hard it will be to put the bars thru the dash? i think this is what im looking for
      . I appreciate the info!!

Mark had to bend the front bars and then cut them in order to fit them threw the dash, then he sleeved them with a smaller pipe and welded them back together, then ground the welds...I had to do this to my rear down bars...no big deal.

You will find pics of the DSE cage/bar in the projects page and the Twister page...

I think the PHR cage article on the Mule would be a HUGE help to you...what's your email addy? I'll send it your way.

As far as the side bars go, take a look at Steve's car I think you'll like how he did his.
      Tony

Give Wolfe a call, they are local to you (in Arlington). They can custom build whatever you want.

www.WolfeRaceCraft.com

I had Madman Racing here in Houston design and install my cage. About $1200 installed (chrome moly, tig welded, NHRA legal).

www.MadmanAndCoRacing.com

Here is mine:
      http://www.ls1tech.com/69Camaro/caged1.jpg
      http://www.ls1tech.com/69Camaro/caged2.jpg
      http://www.ls1tech.com/69Camaro/caged3.jpg

Tony
      Co-Founder, LS1TECH.com

Forged Wheel Dealer, Contact me for a quote!
      www.DV8Motoring.com

I forgot I had these

I hope it's not too late.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

price?

Every talks about the DSE roll bar being expensive.....how much is it? I would like to put a 4pt in my '69. Any idea if they do a 4pt. Thanks

DSE $750 for a 4 point direct fit (no cutting).

remember that's $750 for mild steel...but if it's direct fit that may be well worth it as it does take a lot of trimming to get your basic kit to fit right...
      Tony

$750....Little more than I thought it would be, might have to hold off with that one a while. Getting ready to pick up some Recaro seats in a 2-3 weeks. Had some Viper seats lined up but he changed the price of them on me.

Here you go. This is a link to the article about the Mule's rollbar build.
      The Mule

Static, nice work and welcome aboard!!
      Tony

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com