Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Sam & Mark,

Ok I have to be doing something wrong in how I'm inputting the coordinates I was given. I tried doing it via lines and that didn't work very well at all. Then I tried doing points like Sam and things seemed to remain in a straight line..
      I will play around with it later today. I think I need to set my drawing template up differently so it is more in line with what Sam did. Pnce I can reproduce what he did then I'll know I'm on the right track.

Thx,
      Kevin

Country Flag: United States
      You mentioned "drawing" template... This has to be done in 3D. Most drawing templates are going to be 2D, X and Y plane, and that may be where your problem is stemming from. Make sure you are on the 3D side of AutoCad when you plug in the points.
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

I think that is my issue.. I tried to verify if my verson of CAD is the LT verson or not. But it just comes up AutoCAD 2002.
      I'm sure there is a work around for this issue. it just means I'll have to work a little harder.

I have a couple new versions of CAD at home. I will check those out and see. I have 3DS Max. But that isn't any good at all for this sort of thing.

Still Trying!!,
      Kevin

Within NX (Formerly Unigraphics) I have a program that will insert points into my CAD model based on the X,Y,Z values present in a text file. I ran that to get the points, then looked at it & tried to determine what everything was. At some point I decided that it was the pivot points of the suspension joints & started drawing lines to help understand what everything was. This data may be useful for the suspension analyzer, & may be of some use for designing a frame to use Vette suspension. But I was hoping for actual mount points, or CAD models.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Scot,
      Do you happen to have a location where I can pick up NX?

Let me get this corridnate thing worked out then I'll git someone up for mount points.

I originally was hoping for the actual suspension parts on cad. But I got the points.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1MonteSS View Post
      Scot,
      Do you happen to have a location where I can pick up NX?

Let me get this corridnate thing worked out then I'll git someone up for mount points.

I originally was hoping for the actual suspension parts on cad. But I got the points.
      LOL, not unless you have umpteen thousand dollars to spend on it.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

I had a feeling that you were going to say that...

I'm hoping I can find a way to work around the input issue with the LT version of CAD that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1MonteSS View Post
      I had a feeling that you were going to say that...

I'm hoping I can find a way to work around the input issue with the LT version of CAD that I have.
      Sorry. I could probably translate the file I have to a DXF file & send it to you.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Can I use a DFX file in LT?
      If you think I can use them that would be awesome!

I did check out my other cad programs.. My new system can't open them. One is Civil 3D, AutoCAD R14, and AutoCAD 2011.
      Talk about frustrating..

My work CAD is out of the question as well. Some bean counter decided we only needed a reader (basically an LT version) for reviewing plans.

Thx,
      Kevin

What is LT, is that some sort of AutoCAD Lite? I don't know what you can open with it. A DXF file is basic AutoCAD format, assuming it could, you would have to find out & tell me.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

I'm sorry I should have laid that out.. Yes, by "LT" I ment AutoCAD Lite.

Scot,
      Well a friend got me a copy of Full AutoCAD 2013. It seems kinda like 3DS Max.
      Now I have to figure out how to set up a 3D workspace and how these points get laid in.

Hello

Did You find that Information I am also interested in doing a custom chassis and using the c6 rear c5 front suspension that information would be of great help Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by iyoung View Post
      Did You find that Information I am also interested in doing a custom chassis and using the c6 rear c5 front suspension that information would be of great help Thank You
      Take a look at the adapters made by Dobbertin Performance.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com