Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Porterbuilt
      The 88-96 is 63.5" hub to hub with the rotors in place... this is with the half-shafts paralell to the ground.
      Great thanks. How wide are the 84-87s?

ragtopdodge-
      I had to verify my numbers before I spit out incorrect info. The early and late C4 rears are the same width... it's specified as being 62.0" hub face to hub face, but my tape measure reads 63.5". (It could be the difference in the angle of the half-shafts when measured, my measurement is with the half-shafts parallel to the ground). The main difference between the early and late rear-ends is that the early rears have internal parking brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by ragtopdodge
      I'd like to know the rotor face to rotor face width of the '86-88 C4 rear and the '88-92 rear end.
      See here:

http://www.seattlestreetrods.com/cor...suspension.htm

You're looking at 61.5" (older) to 62.5" (newer).

That page is a good quick reference for hub to hub width, available ratios, brakes, etc.

-jeff d

Anyone have width info for the C5 front and rear?
      Jeff
      1970 Corvette
      LS1 & T56
      C5 Z06 Brakes

70 LS1, download the demo of Performance Trends' Suspension Analyzer program. It has all of the C5 dimensions.
      John

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.
      Jeff
      1970 Corvette
      LS1 & T56
      C5 Z06 Brakes

'66 Chevy II - The "NEW" '69 Camaro!

***Under Construction***

Build Update Link:

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=17108

I put all of the C5 suspension dimensions in an Excel sheet in this thread for easy reference.

Whatcha doing over here Jeff?

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter70 View Post
      I put all of the C5 suspension dimensions in an Excel sheet in this thread for easy reference. Whatcha doing over here Jeff?
      Scooter, I know this is an old thread.. But I still need all the C5 suspension dimensions. I need to do a CAD drawing for ART Morrison so I can show them what I need for my 05 GTO. Thx.

Country Flag: United States
      What are you going to be doing to your GTO? I ask, because I have an 06!
      62 Impala SS

I'm ditching all the OE GTO suspension on my 05.
      I have all the C5 UCAs and LCAs from another project. I'll be using a Viper HD diff. rather than the C5 set up. That way I can keep it drive shaft driven.

I'm working with a friend at AME on some new frame components and I need to do a CAD drawing so he can see what they have that I can use to piece this thing together.
      I live in the AME catalog. They have alot of the parts. I just need to do up a drawing to capture all that's needed. But the info I have come across are always missing this or that.

I had found one guy doing a custom MG that had the components on CAD but he hasn't replied back yet..

Thx,
      Kevin

I love my GTO, but it's suspension is lacking for sure.

Sounds like a cool setup and I would love to see it once you get going on it!
      62 Impala SS

Quote Originally Posted by Lamoogle View Post
      I love my GTO, but it's suspension is lacking for sure.

Sounds like a cool setup and I would love to see it once you get going on it!
      Yeah Lam, I said the same thing once I had mine for a while and I started asking around for susgestions for upgrading it.
      That car is such a blast to drive. The over all weight is a tad high, that can be fixed though! LOL

I'm sure you pooked around in the LS2GTO forum. All they told me was pedders. A few guys have done some rear arm mods and modified the rear wheel wells. Nothing really that can be had on the market.

I have a few leads on some CAD drawings I need to put some details into my design ideas but that is where I'm stuck for the moment. I'll be sure to let you know once I have some more info. PM me if you like.

Kevin

I got the GM co-ordinates today. But I can't make heads or tails out of them.
      Just looking through the info. There has to to be a a reference point in space to use to start with. you can't keep using 0,0.

I'm probably just jacking it up..

Country Flag: Canada
      Can you post what you got?
      I am interested in this info also.

Thanks

Keith

Keith,

Do you have AutoCAD? If you do I could use some assistance with this.
      I do all my CAD stuff the Ole' Fashioned way by measuring it all out. I have never done anything via coordinates.

Kevin

GM uses a point in space, out in front of the car, as the "Zero" point. The coordinates will be in X, Y & Z BUT they are UG based and +X is going down the length of the car, +Y is crosscar, out the passenger side (-Y is out the drivers side) and +Z is up. If you set up the front and rear suspension pts as listed you can measure everything back to the wheel centerline to establish a reference pt. Use the front wheel centerline to adjust the wheelbase to match your build car. Once you have that relationship established you can adjust the points in Performance trends to optimize your new suspension.
      Just keep in mind any changes to track or suspension widths will make the Corvette rack obsolete. Try to maintain the geometry as close to the Corvette specs as possible unless you want to buy a custom rack.
      Mark
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

I'm assuming you have the same CAD file that I have, looks like this:

I drew a few lines between points, assuming the suspension looks like. Not sure what the other points are:

This all looks to be the link points, or rotation points of the suspension, not the mount points.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt View Post
      I'm assuming you have the same CAD file that I have, looks like this:

I drew a few lines between points, assuming the suspension looks like. Not sure what the other points are:

This all looks to be the link points, or rotation points of the suspension, not the mount points.
      Yes, that is how the points are laid out. They are the rotation points of the bushings and ball studs. With those points you can design ANY type of bushing or control arm as long as you maintain clearances at Jounce, Rebound and right and left lock. That is where the Motion side of UG comes in very handy... That is what I did when I designed the suspension for the van.
      Mark
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

Quote Originally Posted by astroracer View Post
      GM uses a point in space, out in front of the car, as the "Zero" point. The coordinates will be in X, Y & Z BUT they are UG based and +X is going down the length of the car, +Y is crosscar, out the passenger side (-Y is out the drivers side) and +Z is up. If you set up the front and rear suspension pts as listed you can measure everything back to the wheel centerline to establish a reference pt. Use the front wheel centerline to adjust the wheelbase to match your build car. Once you have that relationship established you can adjust the points in Performance trends to optimize your new suspension.
      Just keep in mind any changes to track or suspension widths will make the Corvette rack obsolete. Try to maintain the geometry as close to the Corvette specs as possible unless you want to buy a custom rack.
      Mark
      I plan to set up base lines as you explained for visual reference while I'm doing these points.
      - Would my base lines be set to the ride height for my project or the original corvette ride height?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com