Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ben@SpeedTech
      Hey man, I like the set up on your Malibu, looks like a great driver. I asked on the forum about your air dam, figured others might be curious too so I asked there instead of a private message. If you would, take a look at it, and let us know. Thanks!!

Sorry Ben, I’ve been a bit out of pocket here lately. Thanks for the compliments I only wish the car looked as good in person as it does in the pics, lol! Lots more to do to it. The front air dam is actually a one piece front bumper as is the rear. Mine were bought a few years back from Heads Up Composit’s, but they are no longer in business. I do believe there are several companies making a similar product. Keep in mind that these are really intended for a race only application, as it replaces the bumpers, saves a lot of weight, but has absolutely zero structural support in case of a collision or accident.

I’m working on the fuel system now thinking about swapping my 6.0L over to EFI. I’ll try to take a few measurements for you and let you know.
      Last edited by malibulvr; 10-13-2017 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Added text

What is the name of the color is your Malibu? Sunflower yellow maybe?
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

84 Monte Carlo SS

I've got an LS swapped 86 Monte Carlo SS
      Name:  Front.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  280.6 KB

Nice Monte!
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Quote Originally Posted by Ben@SpeedTech View Post
      Nice Monte!
      Thanks! It's still a work in progress.

Did a full QA1 Level 3 kit and I'm still working the bugs out.

Got a 79 Malibu wagon myself..
      468bbc T56, 8.8/7.5 hybrid 275/40/17 on the corners. Love living in the country but long gravel driveways suck when it's wet..
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph LoGrasso View Post
      With the large influx of g-body enthusiasts to the board as of late, I've been wondering just how many g-body owners we have on pro-touring.com. Could all of the G-body owners post in this thread so we can get a rough estimate. Just year and model or a simple "hi" will suffice.

Thanks,
      HI, new here, 78 malibu factory 4 speed. doing a frame off restore. Looking for what is the best suspension kit/set up to achieve the best possible handling ?
      Thanks for having me here,
      Joe

Quote Originally Posted by mystre71 View Post
      HI, new here, 78 malibu factory 4 speed. doing a frame off restore. Looking for what is the best suspension kit/set up to achieve the best possible handling ?
      Thanks for having me here,
      Joe
      seams this is the top end kits
      http://www.schwartzperformance.com/1...carlo-chassis/

Country Flag: Finland
      It's been pretty quiet in this thread so i think this is perfect place for me to post first message on the board.

There's bunch of aftermarket front subframes for most of the GM classics like f bodies and so on...
      Is there anything new to G-bodies lately?

I'm building my self roadcourse race car from 87 regal;

Rear end will have custom truck arm suspension kit with panhard bar and 4-way adjustable Öhlins ttx coilovers, but the front end is still an mystery that i haven't decided yet.

For the front end i already have afx spindles, umi performance race model coilover only lower arms, spc adjustable uppers and also Öhlins 4-way coilovers.

Anyways what i think is that the stock g-body front subframe is narrow as hell. What i mean by this is that the stock pivot points of the control arms are very close to center line of the frame. This is not by any means good starting point on any performance autocross/roadracing application.

One possible way to try widen the front end would be install littlebit longer lower/upper a-arms, but like i told earlier i have already purchased aftermarket units and the UMI-performance arms are designed so that i would not even be easy to modify them if i wanted so. Also the longer arms don't fix the fact that the pivot points are very close together.

My car has slightly bent passenger side front frame rail because of old accident and also it would just be fun to re-design the front end geometrics for possibly better outcome.

What brands are selling " Stock style " front subframes to the G-body chassis?

How different are the 1977 impala front frame geometrics?

https://howeracing.com/index.php/fab...ont-frame.html
      Something like this howeracing front clip would be perfect for my personal project.

Thanks you,
      Rick from Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Finn View Post
      Anyways what i think is that the stock g-body front subframe is narrow as hell. What i mean by this is that the stock pivot points of the control arms are very close to center line of the frame. This is not by any means good starting point on any performance autocross/roadracing application.
      Not sure I'm following this. I've been away from the G-body for a few years now, but I thought that the lower arm was pretty much the same as the one used in the 3rd gen F-body. IIRC, it was the upper arm's inclination that was the G-body's real handicap.

Norm
      '08 GT coupe, 5M, suspension unstockish (the occasional track toy)
      '19 WRX, Turbo-H4/6M (the family sedan . . . seriously)
      Gone but not forgotten dep't:
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A

I have no issues with the front geometry on my G body, the front works fantastic with just a little bit of tweaking.

Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

I wanna see more Gbodys!

Here's mine. 10 Events (autocross and road course) from April to September for my first year driving competitively.
      Car is currently in the air while I heavily work over the frame for stiffening.
      Follow along on Instagram @Asphalt_Gundam

Name:  gridlife @ Road America.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  116.2 KB

Country Flag: Germany
      Hi,

here is my G-Body 1987 El Camino:

Attachment 170330Attachment 170331

From Southwest MO.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: Canada
      Just picked up a bone stock 1985 Grand National this past August.....sitting in a barn or 16yrs in Beautiful Prince George BC, Canada.

Hi

Name:  06F579A2-A472-4547-9203-266AD83285D2.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  236.6 KB1985 Monte Carlo SS. In pieces right now but hopefully driving it this spring.
      Last edited by Scott3106; 12-09-2020 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Picture didn’t load

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
      Just picked up a bone stock 1985 Grand National this past August.....sitting in a barn or 16yrs in Beautiful Prince George BC, Canada.
      Post some pics, good luck with the hot air GN they can be a challenge. BTW my T-type is a Canadian model with Celsius digital climate control and Km for dash.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com