Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Pro Touring Shops in Central New Jersey

Looking for a trustworthy shop in Central New Jersey (roughly near Six Flags Great Adventure) that has experience with the typical pro-touring modifications like t56/lsx swap into First Gen Camaros, new subframe and suspension, DSE mini tubs and quadralink suspension as well as measuring for 3 piece wheels. Ideally I'd like someone not far so that communication is easy and quick (i've been burned by another shop that was too far away to stay on top of, so looking to avoid that). I'm hoping to get a plan together that allows me to keep my car drive-able as much as possible and hopefully in for the more labor intensive modifications later in the year. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

not sure i know any in your immediate area.

Larry is up north in Hacketstown. https://secondgenengineering.com/

Maybe try reaching out to vette427-sbc on this forum, not sure if his shop does that kind of work. He's in Middletown.

I don't think Ida in Morganville gets into that kind of stuff, but maybe. I think they are really high end customs only - they build tuckers from scratch.

There's another guy that's kind of in your area i think, but i can't remember his name. I've talked to him at the Jackson outlets cruise nights. So if you are still looking in the spring i might be able to find him.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Try 76 Customs in Whitehouse NJ. Guess maybe an hour from Six Flags. Can do anything you need for a first Gen. I have used them for mine. I can give you reference info if you need more info. Send me a PM.
      Doug L.
      68 RS/SS Conv. LSA/T56.
      67 RS Coupe LS2/T56 named "NutKse"

Definitely reach out to vette427-sbc.

Tristate is probably the closest to you, I know they did a bronco with a coyote swap and I’ve seen several first gen Camaros there with DSE subframe and LS. You can also try Blusky performance but they are farther. Your biggest issue will be getting in, most shops are like a year to 1.5 years before taking new projects.

https://www.tristateclassiccarrestoration.com/

https://www.blueskyperformanceandrestoration.com/

Why don’t you do the work yourself? It’ll save you a bunch on labor. Honestly, this was my first time restoring a car let alone doing an LSA swap, new subframe, Heidts IRS, wiring, etc. The kits are designed so well you can use basic tools. If you need any welding you can prefit everything then get a mobile welder to weld it in. Will only cost couple hundred bucks. Building the car for me is part of the fun and it’s pretty rewarding too.

I live in Morganville so pretty close to you. If you need help or have questions feel free to reach out. I can swing by or vice versa to chat.

I'd love to do the work myself, my main hang-up is all the welding, not so much assembling or the bolt in parts. I'm not familiar with any mobile welders that will work on sheet metal like mini-tubs, transmission tunnels, 4 link modifications or for that matter do a really good job. The only mobile welders I've ever dealt with would do repairs to trailer hitches and the like, and the quality was fine for that but not for something more intricate. Tri-State looks like they're the closest to me and are definitely worth reaching out to - I'm not terribly concerned with the lead time right now, I want to get a solid plan in place and a working relationship with the shop before starting those major modifications as I want to keep it driveable for as long as possible. I also am looking to avoid the problems I ran into in the past with sketchy shops and complete lack of communication which is why I need them to be as close by as I can get. I appreciate everyone's help so far

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com