Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 70 camaro d-1sc

Country Flag: United States

70 camaro d-1sc

will a d-1sc fit in a 70 camaro with a small block or i will need to fabricate and make spacial brackets some pics will be thankful

Procharger has brackets to fit the D1SC on a small block chevy. Will fit a 2nd gen Camaro.
      Project "Freebird"

Will fit with some inner fenderwell trimming.

Jody

how much fenderwell trimming

Quote Originally Posted by $Mike70Z-28
      how much fenderwell trimming
      The blower housing itself hits the inner fender. You have to cut small area for blower clearance. You still have 99% of the fenderwell there, but there's a 3" by 4" or so area that must be removed.

Sorry, no pics of when I did mine.

Jody

thanks jody

Here is a pic of my 71 with a D1SC and a Big Block. You can see just to the right that I had to notch the inner fender. I also had very little hood clearance with the BB but it does fit under the steel cowl hood.

dual4stang thanks did you have any problems with your prochager

1 is the 3 months it took to get it, 2 the power steering kit required major mods to get it to work & 3 the 12 rib belts are only available through procharger and cost $82 each.

Also the A/C option is designed to only work with the old R4 type compressor. I made mods there to run a Sanden unit.

Quote Originally Posted by dual4stang
      1 is the 3 months it took to get it, 2 the power steering kit required major mods to get it to work & 3 the 12 rib belts are only available through procharger and cost $82 each.

Also the A/C option is designed to only work with the old R4 type compressor. I made mods there to run a Sanden unit.
      I disagree on the belts, I've bought those locally for $35 or so. The rest is correct, they could use some work on their ps and a/c setups. The R4 worked great, but not as appealing as a Sanden.

what did you do for the PS unit

Quote Originally Posted by camcojb
      I disagree on the belts, I've bought those locally for $35 or so. The rest is correct, they could use some work on their ps and a/c setups. The R4 worked great, but not as appealing as a Sanden.
      I tried for a week to find the 12 rib belts. The largest I could find was 10 rib. I even went through a Gates rep and he was going to have to special order it so I went with ATI. Where did you find yours and did the numbers cross. My belt was a K120660 but no one could cross it.

Quote Originally Posted by $Mike70Z-28
      what did you do for the PS unit
      I used a Gen II pump for a sunbird, Cut down the ATI mounts and then built a special mount for the back of the pump to the block. Bought a remote res from summit and swaped out the high pressure fitting from the original P/S pump and installed on the new pump to use the original hoses.

Quote Originally Posted by dual4stang
      I tried for a week to find the 12 rib belts. The largest I could find was 10 rib. I even went through a Gates rep and he was going to have to special order it so I went with ATI. Where did you find yours and did the numbers cross. My belt was a K120660 but no one could cross it.
      I've heard that there are a couple custom lengths that ATI has specially made by Gates, and Gates won't sell them to anyone else. However my 12 rib belts were available locally, and I even have a variety of lengths here as I kept trying different length/idler combos.

Jody

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com