Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: The 70 Chevelle

The 70 Chevelle

Just had to finally share with everyone. I've known for about a week but we're beyond excited at this point. The Chevelle will be at SEMA next year in the RE Audio booth. These audio geeks are good friends of mine out here in vegas and make amazing subs, amps and component sets. Don't worry, the cars' system will be very tasteful and is going to raise a few eyebrows as some of the pieces aren't even being offered yet! At this years SEMA, a ton of manufacturers showed alot of interest in the car based soley on some renderings I had on me from Kris Horton and some ideas I shared with them about the car. I'm so grateful to be able to take this car to the next level....the car is going to be abused pretty good when it's finished to get some numbers out of it so it does, in fact, perform as well as it'll look. We are also building it to drive it.
      Thanks to everyone here who has offered their help, advice and support. It really is appreciated!!! The website has also been updated with a cool intro and more info on what's being done to the car. I hope you guys like it and check back for updates as things are going to start moving quickly. Onto the fun!!-

www.zefhix.com
      -Keith

zefhix
      There is nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent-

Cool website and concept. Can't wait to see it completed! I'm hoping to complete my car for the 2006 SEMA show. Are you painting the bumbers the body color? Nice work!! Cheers to bad ass A-bodies
      Shane Wagner
      1970 Chevelle "Cholula"
      2010 Camaro "Proven1"

Country Flag: United States
      Congrats, Keith!

Thanks guys!! I didn't think I was getting any replies.... the bumpers, along with windshield, rear window and quarter glass trim are all being "black-chromed" My powdecoater had some exhaust pieces done for a client and I was in love. I think it's some kind of "electro-plating" or something like that. It looks like chrome (but black) and has some pearl tone to it. The look is hard to beat...beautiful....

The car is definitely getting some cool components from various talents that you guys might and might not be familiar with. Check out the links page for people supporting us so far.....I'm really excited!!!
      -Keith

zefhix

going to be one sinister ride when its done. I've said it before, with a nasty ride like that, the halo headlights would look great, imagine seeing nothing but a big black mass with 4 glowing eyes comming up in your rear view mirror, just badass As far as black chrome goes...you cant beat it. my tail lamp trim, exhaust cut outs, possibly rims, and some interior pieces will all be black chrome. not sure about the rims though...might look too bling bling
      DEREK
      Derek R.

newest member of www.Pro-NeverGoingToGetOutaTheF'nGarage.com and www.3800lbpaperweight.net

Project Black Sunshine: 1991 S10 Blazer 4x4, converted to AWD. Typhoon Torsion bars, borg warner 4472 transfer case, belltech bar keys...caddy lights, bravada grille, shaved everything. Full custom owner built interior
      more mods come with every dollar saved

Very nice piece!

I like it, I like it alot. Can't wait to see the end product. I will definitely keep up to date on the wedsite, good luck.
      Later - Craig

[email protected]

'70 Chevelle (in storage now, probably will never be back on its wheels again!)

"Black Chrome". 'Tis on my list, too. It's actually black nickel, though, and gets a surface haze over time. It will become a maintenance item, but that's not a problem for me...

can't I seal it with Zoops or something?
      -Keith

zefhix

Another good looking chevelle! I look forward to seeing the finished product

Congrats!
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Ah so thats the front suspension that you are running. Do you know what kind of geometry you get with that setup...camber gain, roll center height and movement, etc.? Is that a custom steer arm? Looking good!!
      Shane Wagner
      1970 Chevelle "Cholula"
      2010 Camaro "Proven1"

Ah so thats the front suspension that you are running. Do you know what kind of geometry you get with that setup...camber gain, roll center height and movement, etc.? Is that a custom steer arm? Is that SC&C's LCA? Looking good!!
      Shane Wagner
      1970 Chevelle "Cholula"
      2010 Camaro "Proven1"

Our very own Marcus with SC&C is doing the setup for me. Those pics were off another project car that wasn't an A-Body but utilizing the same components that they're machining for the chevelle. I don't know the exact geometry on everything but if he doesn't chime in this thread on his own, I can have them for you shortly.
      Yes, the aluminumn steering arms and knuckles are custom

If you scroll to the bottom of this link, the figures for the G Body Street Comp G-5 system are very similar to the what I'll be running on the Chevelle
      http://www.scandc.com/specs.htm
      -Keith

zefhix

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com