Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cheapest source for dse roll bar?

Well yearone used to have them for $500 but now theyre up to 650. Did they set the price at that or is there still anywhere that theyre cheaper.

Or any place that stocks them in norcal???

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefirstgens
      Well yearone used to have them for $500 but now theyre up to 650. Did they set the price at that or is there still anywhere that theyre cheaper.

Make it yourself, by far a lot cheaper that way

Quote Originally Posted by datsbad
      Make it yourself, by far a lot cheaper that way
      lets see....

Welder: $1000
      Welding lessons:$600
      The ones i mess up before i get it right: $500-10,000

I would have one of the universal jiggers thrown in there but I want the fancy cnced removable cross bar and pre made mounting plates, since every blue moon i want to be able to throw people in the back seat and not have them die when I hit a red light.

And in the time it will take me to learn to properly weld something as important as a roll bar I will have sold the car.

Edit: Plus the car isnt pro touring until it has something from dse in it derr!

Country Flag: United States
      Contact Marquez Design. He's a DSE dealer and stocks some of their stuff. I know he's installed a few of those units, he may have one in stock. He's in West Sacramento.

http://www.marquezdesign.com

Jody

lets see....

Welder: $1000
      Welding lessons:$600

I would have one of the universal jiggers thrown in there but I want the fancy cnced removable cross bar and pre made mounting plates, since every blue moon i want to be able to throw people in the back seat and not have them die when I hit a red light.

And in the time it will take me to learn to properly weld something as important as a roll bar I will have sold the car.

Edit: Plus the car isnt pro touring until it has something from dse in it derr!
      Try GP Superstore.. they might have a great price.

I know of a shop down here that could fab one and install it for ya but that's 400 miles.. lol
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

Haha yea, I would drive down there but having the car off the road is a big enough pain in the ass where I live, and being 19 I can't even get a rental car!

And I just realised that state sales tax will be similar to shipping, so back to the cheaper place idea.

lets see....

$10,000. Now that is a lot of messing up......
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell
      $10,000. Now that is a lot of messing up......

Oh trust me I would find a way!! (probably by lighting the car on fire and having to replace the entire interior)

And its good it dosent involve fluids otherwise it would leak too

You could spend less on getting a generic Competition Engineering hoop and making the rear downward bars. Then you have to fab your own floor plates.

If you live in my area (like your member info says) then you're going to pay a shop a lot more than that in fab time and materials.

The cost of the DSE bar is taking the guesswork out of fabricating...it's a rollbar that actually is made for your application. It will give you as much room as possible in the car by being a better fit to the interior and back glass. It comes with the floor plates and trunk plates that will fit without having to cut your own.

Either way, shipping is not cheap.

If you're still stuck on making your own, you can get most Competition Engineering hoops and bars or even complete cage kits delivered to Speed Merchant for $8.

Tony Huntimer
      RaceHome.com
      @Camaro.Family Camaros
      1967 #QuickChangeCamaro - SpeedTech Suspension LS1/T56
      1967 #CFBee - SpeedTech Suspension SuperCharged LS3/T56
      1969 #TaxReturnCamaro Art Morrison Suspension 496/T56
      1986 #IROCdaily - Stock IROC

Quote Originally Posted by TonyHuntimerRaceHome
      You could spend less on getting a generic Competition Engineering hoop and making the rear downward bars. Then you have to fab your own floor plates.

If you live in my area (like your member info says) then you're going to pay a shop a lot more than that in fab time and materials.

The cost of the DSE bar is taking the guesswork out of fabricating...it's a rollbar that actually is made for your application. It will give you as much room as possible in the car by being a better fit to the interior and back glass. It comes with the floor plates and trunk plates that will fit without having to cut your own.

Either way, shipping is not cheap.

If you're still stuck on making your own, you can get most Competition Engineering hoops and bars or even complete cage kits delivered to Speed Merchant for $8.

Tony Huntimer
      RaceHome.com
      Hmm... If i were to get the comp eng main bar and say have you guys make the rear bars and crossbar and install it all how much would that set me back? And hell while im at it some dse sfcs. That is assuming you still work there. Also we met at the last pleasanton good guys show a few months back.

Ive actually had my car there before for a dyno tune, but as it turns out my "engine builder" didnt machine anything and it was knocking like a mofo.

Oh trust me I would find a way!! (probably by lighting the car on fire and having to replace the entire interior)

And its good it dosent involve fluids otherwise it would leak too
      I can second that one.....

Anyway, if you want the DSE bar, check with Marquez. On top of being a great shop, he's a great guy.
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

I spoke with Pascual today, he has one for a lot less than $650.

Jody

Quote Originally Posted by camcojb

Jody
      One or more than one, like two?
      69 Camaro RS/SS convertable now being rebuilt again, out with the old in with more new

ETA, last time I'm tearing it down!!

Quote Originally Posted by MStennes
      One or more than one, like two?
      As many as you need.

Jody

Quote Originally Posted by camcojb

Jody
      DIBS!!

Thanks for finding out, now just to figure out how to transport that thing in the back of an audi....

To bad they only make coupe bars, I was thinking of modifing one to fit my vert, possible?
      69 Camaro RS/SS convertable now being rebuilt again, out with the old in with more new

ETA, last time I'm tearing it down!!

You also might want to check into S And W roll bars. There are a few guys with those over at camaros.net and the like them alot. My neighbor also has a friend with one and said that it fits like a glove and needed no modifications, just weld it and go. Their roll bars are also a lot cheaper and they are quality pieces. I have checked into all the routes out there for my 68 and this seems to be the best one.

Quote Originally Posted by tumper93
      You also might want to check into S And W roll bars. There are a few guys with those over at camaros.net and the like them alot. My neighbor also has a friend with one and said that it fits like a glove and needed no modifications, just weld it and go. Their roll bars are also a lot cheaper and they are quality pieces. I have checked into all the routes out there for my 68 and this seems to be the best one.
      odd... since this was recently said here

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky67
      If you are looking for something that fits really nice, then I suggest you stay away from S & W race car roll bars. I had a 10 point put in my 67 Camaro, when I was going to race back in 2000. S & W race car cages are designed from a kit. Building roll bar for a pro-touring car is different, because the main purpose of the car is to drive. Now if you want a race car look, and since it is cheaper then go with S & W race car cages. I never liked mine and that is why I eliminated it. Jason Huber has really cool cage in the Fuel. That to me is more of pro-touring cage.

Jeff
      But at this point it looks like im gonna have Marquez build me a custom 6 point.

Take pictures Brian and let us know how it turns out. This something I am looking into for my car.
      Mike

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com