Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Are you running 18X9 and 275's with the 6inch backspacing all around? And what kind of wheels are those? they're wicked!

I will spill my guts tonight on my 84 Grand National. Still working on fronts. ridetech Truturn control arms and 3-way triple adjustable coilovers and Musclebar. Also have GNX fender extenders and patch panels. Also have modified fender liners to eliminate tire rubbing of wide tires. Currently running C5 Vette wheels...8.5 x 18 with 1.5" spacer yielding ~5.5" (~7" wheel backspace with 1.5" spacer =5.5" combo backspace). Tire is 275-35-18 Raptor tire. At full turn, inside rim is very close to upper control arm and tire rubs Musclebar arm. Of course, won't be at full lock on Autocross course so not sure how critical this is.

Scot W is running RidetechTruturns & coilovers. Not sure about sway bar or specific tire but know they are 255's, 9.5 x 18 CCW wheel (4.75 BS). I don't know how this combo is not rubbing fenders...May be the relatively narrow tire. 275's are wider and, according to ridetech should fit.

I am "looking" at 295-30's (on 9.5 or 10" wide wheels) but know they are way wider than 275's! Still looking at the available real-estate. Anyone tried 295's under front fender of G-body?
      Conrad
      Original owner '84 Grand National. CAS V1 (big) front-mount intercooler, Comp roller hyd cam, Champion Al intake/heads, T66 turbo, 3.5" custom cat-back exhaust, RideTech TruTurn front & DSE rear swaybars/ctrl arms, Ridetech 3-way coilovers, Baer 6P 14/13. FAST w/TouchScreen & GM Flex Fuel sensor, 120 lb injectors, Ricks SS tank, Aeromotive Eliminator pump.

I am wondering if there is a steering arm 1/2 in shorter than the g body length.
      I need to find out if there is a shorter arm I could use. I have wondered about using g body ats spindle on my Monza but the g body arms are 1/2 in longer than h body and it really messes with steering angles.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Country Flag: Canada
      Hey, would anyone know if its possible to run 275/40/r17 on all four corners? if so what back spacing and was there any Mods needed to make these fit. I have a 1988 cutlass and I plan to run the AFX spindles. any advice would be appreciated thanks in advance!

I run 275/40/17s all the way around on my car on 17 x 9.5s with a 5.0" backspace. I use a 1/8" spacer on the rear and have corrected the geometry on the front with aftermarket control arms and tall lower ball joint and the only slight rub I have is on the frame up front at full lock.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
      I run 275/40/17s all the way around on my car on 17 x 9.5s with a 5.0" backspace. I use a 1/8" spacer on the rear and have corrected the geometry on the front with aftermarket control arms and tall lower ball joint and the only slight rub I have is on the frame up front at full lock.
      Awesome thank you! I've been frying my brain trying to figure this out lol.

posting a dead link on first post?!
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

How else would we know they're spammers?

(also, maybe don't click obvious spam links?)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com