Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

chroming around CT??

hey guys, my front bumper on my 71 nova is in mint shape, but needs re-chroming badly. i'd like to re use this bumper in stead of buying a reproduction. does anyone in the connecticut area know of any place that re dip chrome parts?? thanks in advance, Rich

Country Flag: United States
      I'd send it out to Ogden Chrome in Utah; I haven't been happy with any of the automotive type chrome platers in our area. -Dan

Country Flag: United States
      How much would it cost to rechrome a bumper? To buy new there around 160.00. There are few in the area which sell themin the area, ground-up, autobody specialties and there's a new one in classic part store in waterbury....

Bryan

thanks guys for both of your help. i guess i'm going to have to weigh out both options. if it cheaper to send the bumper out and rechrome it i'll def. do that so i can keep it mostly original, but if its cheaper to just by a new one from those stores i'll just do that.

thanks again, Rich

I can almost guarantee you that it will be about twice as high to have your bumper rechromed. The worlds best chroming is done by Advanced Plating in Nashville, TN. They do all the high dollar cars.
      Kevin Turner
      Maysville, KY

3-69 Camaro's

02 S10 extended cab that's street legal & runs 10's on motor and 9's with spray.

04 GMC Denali Quadsteer truck black with black 22's.

04 GTO LS1 that loves to be sprayed and meet imports on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by richs71Nova
      hey guys, my front bumper on my 71 nova is in mint shape, but needs re-chroming badly. i'd like to re use this bumper in stead of buying a reproduction. does anyone in the connecticut area know of any place that re dip chrome parts?? thanks in advance, Rich
      Give me a call if youd like- my chromer does grade 9 chrome and is in Rhode Island. Id have to bring it there though (I think) as he doesnt do retail all the time.

Lenny Schaeffer
      Woburn MA

look up the Chromium process in shelton, ct. My sister worked there for a very long time. good group of guys

New England Chrome in Hartford Conn. I used them to do the pot metal uprights/frame of my 67 wing windows. Real nice job, and price was very reasonable compared to some of the recommended sites that do a lot of resto work.

Rich

Sherms Plating here in Sacramento is awesome, they did Roy Pigfords Nova among others. Down side is you probably dont wanna pay what they charge but the finished result is going to look a million times better than the chrome on a repop bumper.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com