Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      If you interested i have a pro-street gmc syclone i have the perfect project for $6500.00 that i don't have time to finish. It would save you a bunch of money, however you may want to consider a small block.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...206#post175206
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Unless you do something like the Venom, the chevy II 62-67 would not be a good choice. The problem is the downpipes and intercooler packaging. The nose of the car makes it almost impossible to run an air to air intercooler with out setting the sngine back.

Not saying it can't be done but it would be tight and costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Injection
      Unless you do something like the Venom, the chevy II 62-67 would not be a good choice. The problem is the downpipes and intercooler packaging. The nose of the car makes it almost impossible to run an air to air intercooler with out setting the sngine back.

Not saying it can't be done but it would be tight and costly.
      I've got a 28" tall, almost 40" wide, and 4" thick I/C on the front of my II. The grill has to be slightly modified and I had to remove the hood latch but otherwise it was pretty straight forward. This is with the stock core support also.

I have the luxury of only needing one downpipe(4") and it's on the passenger side so I don't have to worry about the steering components. More than likely I will have mine exit through the fender well which could be done pretty easily on both sides if needed.

The core is from Banks and it's for a 6.0 Ford P/S.

'04 IS300 VVTi GTE swap GT35R etc (dead tranny - looking for LS swap)
      '63 Street Fighter Nova(Sold)
      '06 Magnum SRT8 KIA 10-25-13

I might do a late model corvette with a big cube LSx engine.

Drove a friends TT 434 Ls1 style corvette today it was bad to the bone.

I just don't know.

Heh

Thats funny you should say that.
      I was going to suggest doing a TT Ls1 they are lighter and the block is isanely strong.
      69 Camaro
      W/D sub, Wilwood 13" brakes Bozeforged wheels 18X10 & 18X12,
      Lateral dynamics 3 link ( custom setup ) Dana 60
      lsX Twin Turbo, soon to come
      Viper T56 in place (Yay)
      Bought a running driving car so I can enjoy it before Im dead
      LD 3 Link Installed into ^^^^^ (Yay)

im going to

Me too!!
      Twin Turbo Ls1 '71 Chevelle
      93 octane 1000 hp street car!!

Me 3
      After I sell my new 496 BB Chev
      :3gears:
      69 Camaro
      W/D sub, Wilwood 13" brakes Bozeforged wheels 18X10 & 18X12,
      Lateral dynamics 3 link ( custom setup ) Dana 60
      lsX Twin Turbo, soon to come
      Viper T56 in place (Yay)
      Bought a running driving car so I can enjoy it before Im dead
      LD 3 Link Installed into ^^^^^ (Yay)

I was checking out some 500+ cube lsx style engines over on ls1 tech.

I am kinda see a 67 Impala convert or 55 chev convert pro tour style.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorocket
      Is this gonna be a PT car???

Anything over 800-900 hp is ludicrously deadly!
      I 2nd that. Maybe not "deadly" but crazy! I took my TT P-T car to the 1/8th mile track and it was rediculous. But I knew it would be. Just be prepared to spin.

Well you now how M/T has those new Pro Touring radial tires now.HEHEHEHEHE

Quote Originally Posted by Y-TRY
      I 2nd that. Maybe not "deadly" but crazy! I took my TT P-T car to the 1/8th mile track and it was rediculous. But I knew it would be. Just be prepared to spin.

What is your combo? How much power?

Drag radials work for crap at huge power levels in case anyone is wondering. Maybe the MT, or Hoosier's are better, I will try the Hoosiers!

Drag radials work for crap at huge power levels in case anyone is wondering. Maybe the MT, or Hoosier's are better, I will try the Hoosiers!
      Do you mean street radials or drag radials? Last I checked there are guys in the 7's with drag radials.

O.K. I will refraise. They work like crap with 17" rims on a 1000 hp pro touring car!

O.K. I will refraise. They work like crap with 17" rims on a 1000 hp pro touring car!
      It's all in the car setup.

But i'm a firm believer you can run 1000+ on the street with 18" drag radials, heck we do it all the time. Yeah it gets a little loose if you nail the throttle at anything under 140mph, but what do you expect.

Stage the boost per gear, setup the suspension to take the hit, and you can make it work very well. As in drive to the track on 18" drag radials, rip off some mid 9 sec passes at 155mph, and run through a drive-thru to get dinner on the way home.

Oh just be ready, most stock cupholders aren't up to a wide open 3rd gear pull on a 1000rwhp car.

I am curious as to why Banks' turbo package has not been mentioned? I know W2W etc.. are top notch but the TT setup from Banks seems to be a nicely packaged setup. I have been thinking of going that route and would like to see some of you comment on their system, good, bad etc..
      Beegs AKA Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Beegs
      I am curious as to why Banks' turbo package has not been mentioned? I know W2W etc.. are top notch but the TT setup from Banks seems to be a nicely packaged setup. I have been thinking of going that route and would like to see some of you comment on their system, good, bad etc..
      If you're looking for a basic bolt on system, 650ish hp the banks setup will get the job done. My feeling is for the price, and that most of us want more power potential, it just isn't up to the job. Plus isn't their setup fairly limited as to which heads you can use etc.? Depending on the motor build a custom may be the only option.

I think Banks is a rip-off for what you get and the performance. I would look at all the options.

Quote Originally Posted by ProStreet R/T
      If you're looking for a basic bolt on system, 650ish hp the banks setup will get the job done. My feeling is for the price, and that most of us want more power potential, it just isn't up to the job. Plus isn't their setup fairly limited as to which heads you can use etc.? Depending on the motor build a custom may be the only option.
      640HP was made on 91 California pump gas with no intercooler and 6 psi creeping up to 9psi by redline. The same kit made 1120HP on 100 octane, 20 psi and an intercooler all with a 8.4:1 366" engine. The manifolds have been completely redesigned since that HP number was produced. *see pics below* The new Tial v-band waste gates are also used now to keep boost creep in check. The manifolds will work with any 23 degree head with raised or standard exhaust ports. The only heads I have seen have fitment issues are some of the AFR's and that is because the valve cover lip interferes with the Banks heatshields.

There is an option to get the kit without the pressure chamber or boost tubes for under $4800. For people that have a different throttle body than the 4150 DFI/Pro-Flo/Commander style can benefit from that option.

New manifold is on the right.

New manifold is on the bottom.

New manifold and Tial 44mm waste gate on the right.(Old waste gates were 38mm)

'04 IS300 VVTi GTE swap GT35R etc (dead tranny - looking for LS swap)
      '63 Street Fighter Nova(Sold)
      '06 Magnum SRT8 KIA 10-25-13

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com