Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

TH350 Speedo Gear

Autometer Sending Unit will not engage with main driveshaft gear in tranny. Took sending unit off and the gear I have in the tranny (nylon) looks to be good but just doesn't engage! Tranny is from J&W Performance. Any ideas?

Justin
      --------------------------------------------------
      73 Nova, 502 ci, TKO600, Mosier Eng 12 bolt, 6 point roll cage, Wilwood rear discs, factory front discs, 250 HP nitrous, subframe connectors, Slide-a-link trac bars, 17" Boyd Coddington Smoothie II's, and Hotchkis TVS kit.

Found out the problem tonight. I had to take the tranny out of the car anyways cause I had a leak (found out it was a cracked B&M Stall Converter) and when the tranny was out I took off the tailshaft housing and found....... a missing main shaft gear that drives the speedo gear! So J&W must have forgot to install one for me! hahahah Well I geuss that takes care of why no engagement and why I can't calibrate the speedo!
      Justin
      --------------------------------------------------
      73 Nova, 502 ci, TKO600, Mosier Eng 12 bolt, 6 point roll cage, Wilwood rear discs, factory front discs, 250 HP nitrous, subframe connectors, Slide-a-link trac bars, 17" Boyd Coddington Smoothie II's, and Hotchkis TVS kit.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com