Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

So . . . Who's Next?????

Since we had such fun in May at Willow Springs, I've decided we need another Open Track Bachelor Party this summer and I've got some dates in mind.

Buttonwillow Raceway

July 15-16 (Green Flag Driving). Will be HOT.
      September 29-30, October 1 (Speed Ventures). Might be hot.
      November 25-26 (Green Flag Driving). Weather great and lots of track time.

I hope we'll get more Pro-Touring participation as those of you that missed this last open track, really missed out (True, you have a suitable excuse . . . ).

Give your .02 cents and let's get something planned.

Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

I like the september day. September has got to be way cooler than Button in July.

Is Green flag the school. I think they don't allow "passengers" but SV do.

That november date is Thanksgiving weekend. would like that, but both my fiances family and mine like to see us that holiday. Why can't they understand that its a great weekend to spend at the track.
      Alcino Manuel Azevedo
      76 Mustang II Cobra II
      Featured in April 2006 Popular Hot Rodding

Hey all, we (Dreamspeed Motorsports) are going to be putting a track day together at Thunderhill after August. I will keep y'all posted.

Allen should be the one getting Married next right?
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

How about me.. I could use a bachelor party

Maybe by then I will have found a car.. been hunting GTOs (I have Vince on the hunt as well).. also looking at used C5's.. found a '99 for $17.5 for sale today but it already had a deposit on it. That's what I get for not checking the auto trader EVERY day..

I want to cover one of these large track day gatherings for PHR.. I think it would be cool as hell and informative (on what happens at a track day)..
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2

Maybe by then I will have found a car.. been hunting GTOs (I have Vince on the hunt as well).. also looking at used C5's.. found a '99 for $17.5 for sale today but it already had a deposit on it. That's what I get for not checking the auto trader EVERY day..

I want to cover one of these large track day gatherings for PHR.. I think it would be cool as hell and informative (on what happens at a track day)..
      Hey, you're already married... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2
      hmmm. Wants a bachelor party and buying a fast sports car. I think I smell a mid life crisis. hehe
      Alcino Manuel Azevedo
      76 Mustang II Cobra II

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuick
      Allen should be the one getting Married next right?
      Don't you need a woman for that? Maybe I'm missing something?
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

I'll celabrate being a bachelor!!!

Ya I'm in for the July date with Green Flag, don't know which car at this point...but I'll be there. Guys even if you don't have a car, you should still come out and see the cars that show up for this event! High dollar cars, Trans Am cars (and that damn red Mustang!) running hard. It's really a good show.
      Dave H.

but its freaking july!!! HOT!!!

I know, I'm getting soft
      Alcino Manuel Azevedo
      76 Mustang II Cobra II

I know it's hotter than hell at Buttonwillow (or anywhere else in the San Joaquin Valley) in July but we can get garages for shade. And I think both Speed Ventures and Green Flag will let us take passengers as the no-passengers rule was only for Streets of Willow.

And Steve . . . I'd love to write an article about Open Track preparation. Basically, an Open Track How-To article that will give the reader some idea of what to expect and how to prepare for the experience with their cars. I foresee these events fast becoming the next hot ticket for legal automotive fun with a street car.

As far as the next event, I'm leaning towards the July date. It's held in conjunction with the Shelby Club if I remember correctly, and those guys are FUN. Lots of cool cars, too. However, it's up to the majority so think about it.

And Vince . . . please keep us posted on a T-Hill date. Haven't run that track yet but there's a group that does and often.

And Allen . . . you've left me speechless.

Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

Nix on the July date . . . Dave's going to be back at Elkhart Lake for the Can-Am reunion. If you choose that as the next Open Track date, have tons of fun.

September??

Mary P.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

September is looking better and better. Average high temperature is 91* in Sept, 81* in Oct.

Passengers would be cool, no pun intended.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Great drive, David. Nice shots too, looks like it was a fun race. Looks also like someone behind you got a little sideways (Porsche?)! Car is running good, eh? Nice.

Can Am reunion, man, that is just going to be cool. Bring your insect repellent, those bug in the Midwest are strong enough to carry you away in the summer. Wear a full face helmet for the same reason!!!

Button in September sounds WAY better than the middle of the summer. I still have flashbacks to last year, it was way too toasty for me, and that was with a garage. My car didn't like it too much either, but that's another story. Great track though, I'll do my best to make it this time. 'specially if David brings that cool little Lola! Can you just imagine?!?!

Mark

David, you're the man!

Is this the one? I have to be in Ann Arbor the next week so maybe I can combine.

http://www.svra.com/SVRA/SVRAHome.ns...B?OpenDocument
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Yes, that's the race.
      I went there 10 years ago and they had 81 Can-Am cars. Not all raced though. They had around 70 cars race and they even had the Howmet turbine cars there. A bunch of cars came from Europe and it was a great show. I met Kinsler who did the fuel injection for most of these cars. David Hobbs drove a Lola T-222. George Follmer drove a questionable heritage McLaren M8F it was nicknamed the MFH, (McLaren From Hell) because it had lots of later year parts on it and a 580 cube BB engine.

I know a fiew west-coast guys that are racing there.

I plan on visiting the EAA aircraft museum at Oshkosh before the race. It's really great. The week following the race is the big EAA fly-in at Oshkosh.
      David
      Last edited by David Pozzi; 06-07-2006 at 04:36 PM.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

I was hoping to see the 1st gen camaro in the avatar whooping up on some "supercars". Dang it.

Dan, - Maybe next year...
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Hey guys. Don't want to let this thread die. My brother Dan and I will be at Buttonwillow 8/11, Dan's taking his C5, and I'm fixing the "tranny puke" problem in the Chevelle. So if you're not doing anything else come out. I think the Sept-Oct date would be a great time to meet, the track should'nt be too hot, in fact we ran our best times last year at that time. So mark your calanders!
      Dave H.

Quote Originally Posted by Orngcrush69
      I'll celabrate being a bachelor!!!
      There we go!!!

But seriously id be down, and would there be a prize for being by far the slowest person/car out there?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com