Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Anyone had to swap pedal assemblies going from auto pedals to T56 setup?

Well, my 67 was originally an auto tranny car, hence the lack of a clutch pedal. This is a problem since i'm going to have an LT1/T56 setup in the car. Has anyone else gone from auto to a manual tranny and had to swap out the pedal assemblies? I need to know what the new assembly was that they used, roughly what it cost, and pictures would be absolutely teriffic too.

Yes, I know there's a thread about pedals right below this one, but he was on a little bit different topic, and I don't like hijacking other peoples' threads.

Any help is appreciated!
      Doug
      67 Camaro - Project: Retribution

"Honda: The most efficient means of converting gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower."

re. Pedal swap

Most parts houses sell pedals. You can swap them fairly easily. Depending on what trans you use you might need belcrank and linkage also availabale new. FRANK

Country Flag: United States
      I just did this when I swapped in a TKO-600. I bought the pedal kit from Rick's First Gen. It's basically a pair of pedals, bushings and the clip to hold them in. You need to buy the pedal pads for them. They also sell a linkage kit which gives you all the rods, Z bar, studs and bracket. I got that with my tranny kit when I ordered it. I also used the Speed Direct rod kit that uses hiem joints to connect the pedals and Z bar. Everything is an easy swap. Hope this helps.
      Mike Schwartz aka chevymike
      1955 Chevy 210 Wagon
      1965 Chevy C10 Panel Truck
      1972 Chevy El Camino

Just out of sheer curiosity, I wonder if anyone has ever transplanted a fly-by-wire Vette gas pedal setup in to another car? Hmmm... wonder if you could do that on an LT1 first gen....
      Doug
      67 Camaro - Project: Retribution

"Honda: The most efficient means of converting gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower."

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com