Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NO!Header Help!

i might have to. get a sound clip up of that engine! actually i dont know if i want to hear it....i kinda wnat to hear mine first haha
      1969 Camaro SS aka Jumpin Jack Flash

World All Aluminum 427 and tko-600 attached to that

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2305230/1

i say wait and see what yours sounds like...it'll give you that satisfaction of accomplishment!

well....the plugs dont work. i came home from school and my dad told me he ordered new headers. I was weary at first because i wanted to go with doug's at first because i knew they worked thanks to 72novass but my pops said he talked to the jegs guy for a long while about the situation. He ended up going with hooker super comp 1 3/4 coated. This is a step up from our 1 5/8 and it should help it flow better. if anybody has an opinion about those headers please tell. Id like to know if im getting good ones!

Jegs Techies are very knowledgeable...i'm sure those headers will be sweet! best of luck!

1fine69,

I have a 67 camaro with small block. AFR 220 angle plug heads. When I ordered my heads I was told by afr that rule of thumb was 1-3/4" headers will clear angle heads.

I have hedman 65003's (note: there have been some posts on team camaro that the newer 65003's do not fit, they use 1-5/8" flanges)

They also fit fine in my straight plug heads.Heres a pic (afr 220 angle plug heads, tko600 trans with manual linkage, factory pwr strng, vintage air etc,
      ...)

well, heres the deal. I put the passenger side header on and they cleared. I went to the drivers side and i was there for hours. Couldnt get them in from top or bottom. Had to take off oil filter, jack the car up mroe because they were longer, take off the tie rod from the center link, and i still didnt get them in. The steering box needs to come out. As im walking in iam inspecting the headers and notice something....the first 2 inches of the number 1 whole of the header is rusted on the inside. I think to myseld hmm.....jeggs said these hookers were coated inside and out. I guess not. Im sending those back and getting my money back and having headman' 66003 headers sent free delivery. Pray for me guys

Country Flag: United States

Heh

Man your luck Sucks with headers.
      Or maybee you should just get dougs =)

Hooker and Headman are some of the worst crap on the market.

Try a real headr manufacture that pays att to details, IE Dougs, Kooks they cost 600 to 950 bucks for a reason =) they fit And are not compromised in lengths or sizes.

Gl bud

S And S Headers

Quote Originally Posted by 1Fine69
      well, heres the deal. I put the passenger side header on and they cleared. I went to the drivers side and i was there for hours. Couldnt get them in from top or bottom. Had to take off oil filter, jack the car up mroe because they were longer, take off the tie rod from the center link, and i still didnt get them in. The steering box needs to come out. As im walking in iam inspecting the headers and notice something....the first 2 inches of the number 1 whole of the header is rusted on the inside. I think to myseld hmm.....jeggs said these hookers were coated inside and out. I guess not. Im sending those back and getting my money back and having headman' 66003 headers sent free delivery. Pray for me guys
      We just picked up our headers from www.sandsheaders.com they are located here in Phoenix, but have been in Cali for 21 years, been in business for like 27 years.

We are running angle plug heads as well, the fron tude of these headers, comes out and across straight back, there are no clearance problems for US.

Their flanges are lazer cut not stampped, and their welds are show quailty, give them a call....and tell them Bob from Paradise Valley High school refered you.

If you want I will post up pics tommorw.

the headmans are beautiful and they fit!now im just trying to connect the reducers to the pipes. will be done soon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com